Interesting detachment conundrum?

Played last night with a friend, and we play pure BRB.

He decided to bring 2 separate detachments. A LoW detachment of imperial knights, and a different patrol detachment for Ynarri. When I pointed out a detachment has to be from the same book, he said yes but the book states you can bring any number of separate detachments. I didn't see anything in the book saying otherwise. This means I could bring small detachments of my Chaos, Orks, Necrons, and Space Wolves all fighting together??

I noticed this as well. I was sleeping on it because I thought I had missed something, but yes, I did not see any cross-detachment requirements.

page 214 of the rulebook

"All of the units in a matched play army, with the exception of those that are UNALIGNED, must have at least one Faction keyword in common (eg IMPERIUM or CHAOS) even though they may be in different Detachments."

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Warsmith Aznable

page 214 of the rulebook

"All of the units in a matched play army, with the exception of those that are UNALIGNED, must have at least one Faction keyword in common (eg IMPERIUM or CHAOS) even though they may be in different Detachments."

EDIT: spelling

Thanks for that, I knew there was something somewhere but could not find it.