Blood Angels access to Space Marine units

LutherMax

I'm still a bit confused on how they are going to work this.

In my mind, any book that doesn't get a revamp should still use the index for all units. Because to me, none of the point values in the new books are going to take into account the strengths and weaknesses those armies have with regards to the unit options. What I mean to say is the index should be "balanced" relative to the units that are BA specific. If there is a price increase/decrease to units that BA can use from the SM portion, it should be relative to only units/gear Codex Space Marine chapters have access to. So by that logic, I shouldn't need to buy the new one as my army is technically "Balanced".

Will have to see how players see it. I would be hard pressed to imagine anyone would complain but we all know how that works out in the wild.

We're looking at the Space Marine dex like it will negatively impact us. What is it helps us a lot? We should count the dead before the battle is waged. I imagine most blood angel players will jump at the chance to claim other chapters until our Dex is released. I mean, they are saying the bonuses are really good for staying in the same faction. So... I don't know. 

I'll be getting the Space Marine dex regardless. I love the lore, pictures and having the rules so I can theory craft and test stuff out on my own time.

Also, I'll be adding the request to add flyers to that Blood Angels doc. Please post about this stuff there lol! It may seem I have time to browse everything but I forget to do stuff all the time. ^_^

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335981-ba-a-gathering-of-suggestions/

Edited by Aothaine

Excited isn't the word but the only thing for me ... the Terminus Ultra which I've had the parts for since it first appeared for Apocalypse back in the day (and yes, we could use it).

As an aside:

1) its a cool unit

2) no more sponson rules etc means that the model will be even easier to make from scratch.