Mortal wounds and normal damage

Bmseifer

So the rules says that normal damage does not spill over if it's more than enough to kill a model.

Mortal wounds do.

If a Space Marine scout with sniper rifle shoots at a unit with several 1-wound models and scores a '6' to wound can he kill 2 models?

Had a weird reasoning that when the '6' is rolled, a mortal wound is triggered killing a model. Is the normal damage then wasted since it's only 1 hit?

Or is it the cinematic way: The scout is chuck norris and lines up a dual headshot

I've never even thought/realised this!

It's a little funky though. You'd have to roll the regular damage dice save first, and then the mortal wound last, because the mortal wound will carry over, but if you resolve the mortal wound first, then the regular wound won't carry over? Or am I being to pedantic?

But it's a nice strength increase regardless. Reminds me of making a double head shot in some first person shooter game too aha.

I've never even thought/realised this!

It's a little funky though. You'd have to roll the regular damage dice save first, and then the mortal wound last, because the mortal wound will carry over, but if you resolve the mortal wound first, then the regular wound won't carry over? Or am I being to pedantic?

But it's a nice strength increase regardless. Reminds me of making a double head shot in some first person shooter game too aha.

The order doesn't matter, as neither wound "carries over." Again, it's not 1 D2 wound, it's 2 D1 wounds (one just happens to be mortal).

• 2 weeks later...