The long road

mughi3

Well an interesting thing has happened

Many years ago I stopped playing my ravenwing and deathwing armies when the horrible DA  4th edition codex dropped. since I couldn't play my wings the way I wanted I ended up cycling through 5 additional armies before focusing on other game systems(dust, infinity, victory at sea etc..) to get some variety.  I ended up with salamanders in the end thanks to the fine badab war books a few models I loved(looking at you achilles).

5th edition ended up being my favorite incarnation of the game however when 6th dropped it quite literally killed the game at my local shop.

So I have spent the past span of years playing house rule modified 5th with friends or other game systems.

With the changes to overall game feel that is 8th ed ( still prefer 5th)  its a different enough game to get me playing again.

As it so happens a friend I have not seen in years came back to the store and gave me the dark vengeance box. as I still have bits of my old RW/DW units I kept the terminators and bikes and shared the rest with a fellow DA player.

With the additional terminators I put together a small (things are sooo expensive in 8th) deathwing centric vanguard formation  dark angels force at 1,500 points.

the maiden outing netted me 4 games and 3 decisive victories...although I totally forgot to take battle pictures  :sad.:

1. VS blood ravens-win

2. VS alpha legion-loss

3. VS blood ravens (different player)-win

4. VS tau-win

As soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will

the army list-

HQ

.tech marine- full harness

.sammael  land speeder

ELITE

.terminator squad

.venerable dread w/Lucius drop pod

.venerable dread w/Lucius drop pod

HEAVY

.land raider helios

Edited by mughi3

well I had a photobucket account for years but apparently as of this month (july 2017) they will no longer allow direct pic links for un paid accounts.

Edited by mughi3

since I made a 2,000/3,500 point list that was super shooty I decided to make this an in your face all or nothing assault force...as deathwing should be

The 2k list is still a vanguard list

HQ

.tech marine w/full harness

ELITE

.X 3 las/missile venerable fire support dreads

HEAVY

.land raider helios

.land raider prometheus

AIR WING

.X3 stormhawk interceptors.

3,500 is just 1 more model-the warhound titan. I have used it 1 time in 8th and I know why it cost double the points it used to