FW Forces of Chaos FAQ up

Heh. Just noticed how the first question is this:

FAQs

Q. Are there any restrictions on which Legion I can choose when replacing the <Legion> Faction Keyword on datasheets within this book?

A. Yes, as follows:

You can only choose for a unit to be from the World Eaters Legion if it has the Khorne keyword, or if it has the <Mark of Chaos> keyword and you choose to replace that with Khorne.

You can only choose for a unit to be from the Thousand Sons Legion if it has the Tzeentch keyword, or if it

has the <Mark of Chaos> keyword and you choose

to replace that with Tzeentch. You cannot choose for

a Hellforged Rapier Battery, a Chaos Hellwright or a Chaos Hellwright on Dark Abeyant to be from the Thousand Sons.

You can only choose for a unit to be from the Death Guard Legion if it has the Nurgle keyword, or if it has the <Mark of Chaos> keyword and you choose to replace that with Nurgle. You cannot choose for a Hellforged Rapier Battery, a Chaos Hellwright or

a Chaos Hellwright on Dark Abeyant to be from the Death Guard.

You can only choose for a unit to be from the Emperor’s Children Legion if it has the Slaanesh keyword, or if it has the <Mark of Chaos> keyword and you choose to replace that with Slaanesh.

Otherwise, any of the units in this book can be from any Legion.

A-are you implying that you cannot have World Eaters Rubricae? :whistling:

I would never imply that a passage that says units must have or take the (specify <Mark of Chaos> keyword) in order to take (a specific <Legion> keyword).

Follow the rules? Absolute Chaos. ;)

Wow its worded excatly how its meant to be written makes you wonder how  anyone could ever think otherwise .....cough cough :biggrin.:(just kidding)

Im happy now I've got nothing stopping me now from running 2 contemptors and a Deredero Dreadnaught in my full Death Guard army though I may take a mortis style dual twin las Contemptor now we can take them,  I went ahead and ordered another 2 more FW contemptors just for this reason :biggrin.:

Edited by Plaguecaster

With your two doritos, two sabre vindicators and the plaguecrawler your going to have a very scary spearhead detachment Plaguecaster!

I have so many conversion projects of  chaos FW vehicles that  I am building and converting for my Death Guard force its not funny  :biggrin.: I even have a couple of spartans still unbuilt which I was planning on using back in 7th until it became hard trying to actually include them.

Edited by Plaguecaster

Wow its worded excatly how its meant to be written makes you wonder how anyone could ever think otherwise .....cough cough :biggrin.:(just kidding)

Im happy now I've got nothing stopping me now from running 2 contemptors and a Deredero Dreadnaught in my full Death Guard army though I may take a mortis style dual twin las Contemptor now we can take them, I went ahead and ordered another 2 more FW contemptors just for this reason :biggrin.:

Great! Lets hope gw and fw continue with things as they are mend to ;)

Now the question becomes if Legion can become a Warband name.

What is the biggest issue in mu opinion in terms of design is that GW somehow assumed players know the restrictions that they dont write down. 8th is full of it, FW up until this faq all the same.

I personally hope this trend does not continue in the upcomming codex. If it does Id be inclined to not get it because the player base is now forced to do the proofreading after the book in question is bought. Highly unprofessional if you ask me.

Well damn I just realised Chaos Contemptor Dreadnoughts can't take twin las anyway so i can't have a Mortis style dual twin las Contemptor :( maybe dual ectoplasm cannons with a havoc launcher could be good especially since it can't inflict mortal wounds on itself Edited by Plaguecaster

Well damn I just realised Chaos Contemptor Dreadnoughts can't take twin las anyway so i can't have a Mortis style dual twin las Contemptor :sad.: maybe dual ectoplasm cannons with a havoc launcher could be good especially since it can't inflict mortal wounds on itself

Every other Contemptor can take Las, including the Imperial Armour 13 Chaos version. I don't understand why they would deny us universal weapons like las cannons and meltas. Hopefully they fix this.

Edited by TheAlephNull