Blood Angel Index Hopeful Alterations for Codex

Hi all, haven't been involved with 40k for quite sometime but geting back involved thanks to 8th and GW trying to change their ways.

Wanted to start a thread about what changes you would like and what you think are needed going forward for our codex.

Please list what you think along with a suggestion on what you think would be a suitable fix or alternative.

I will start off

1. Angeles Boltguns on Sang Guard seem well overcosted at 9 points. Assault 2 and -1Ap is good, but when you run the math on the plasma pistol which is cheaper at 7 points the Angeles bolter just doesn't stack up in a lot of scenarios.

- I Would like to see them dropped to around 5 points and be cheaper than plasma pistols. This means those uf us witu majority angeles don't feel robbed for not going full plas.

2. Price of Inferno pistols at 20 with their real short range just doesn't pull its weight when again compared to the a lot cheaper plasma pistol. The 6" range and 3" 2 dice range just doesn't work well enough with 9" deep strike range. At 20 points a couple of inferno becomes a significant investment.

- I would like to see them dropped in points. Eldar pay 9 for theirs so think at least coming down to 10-15 is more resonable and makes them a viable option.

3. Dante not really having any special rules that reflect his stature and tactical ability. His re-rolls don't mesh well with the Sang guards ability as well.

- As a basic buff I would like to see Dante having 1-2 additional command points simialr to calgar. Additionally his points wouldn't change to include this if inferno pistols are seen as overcosted.

Alternatively give him is super deep strike ability back.

4. Assault marines just seem so so-so and relagatated to basic fire support and objective capturing. Vanguard vets with jumps are only slightly more points and have more options and have that handy extra attack.

- Make Assault marines troops to give them a role in more of the troop orientated formations.

Will come back with a few more ideas later but keen to hear everyones thoughts.

I'd like Death Company to be a little deathy-er. Maybe some interesting army-wide Chapter traits. It sounds like the new Marine Codex will include Chapter traits of some nature so I feel pretty good about that second one happening.

The thing about the Angelus Boltgun is that you can run and shoot with it.

I don't think I'd ever run/advance my expensive elite troops into rapid fire range of the opponent's guns.

It works for melta, where there's an opportunity to kill a tank, or get within 6", but running forward into the lion's mouth to get off 10 bolt shots...you're better with tactical marines that can do it from 24" away.

Edited by Xenith