Forge world questions

Beams

Sabre Defense Platform Searchlight:

Can you stack their bonuses?

I haven't found anything that says otherwise, but a Baneblade/hellhammer hitting on a 2+ would be ridiculous.

Rapier Laser Destroyer:

Are they worth it? I had no luck with them in one game, but i feel like I just was picking wrong targets or getting unlucky. That said, has anyone had any good/bad experiences with them?

I have a couple of Rapier Laser Destroyers but don’t always use them, heavy slots are easy to fill up.

They have had varying success but it depends on their targets being within range and not moving them often or at all, used to kind of screen them a bit on the sides or put them centre-field with units or vehicles on the flanks, and kind of funneled enemy in towards them.

In 8th edition they only have Heavy 1 and not great to hit but if they do hit, it's a lot of damage. I tried them again just this weekend in a small friendly match and managed to destroy a Hellforged Dread which was nice, good dice rolls helped, funny as the opponent didn’t even think they were a threat.

Not sure about the Stacking Searchlights but a couple of friends believe that’s how it works and are already using it that way. Maybe a FW Astra Militarum FAQ will be out soon to help clarify, seeing as the FW Astartes FAQ just came out.