Helmet colour or markings for Lieutenants

Gorlak

Hello brothers!

I have (finally) decided to add my Primaris Marines to my existing Blood Angels forces.

I have been trying out different upgrades, such as the Forge World BA helmets, but I will likely go ahead with the stock heads to help represent the 'new-ness' of the Primaris and armour.

However, it raises the question of helmet colour and/or markings for the Lieutenants. I have had a look at the Rogue Trader era art, including Jes Godwyn sketches, but nothing to base it on there.

I'd like Sergeants, the Ancient and the Captain to have gold helmets. The Ancient may have a Sanguinary Death Mask, but we'll see. The Lieutenants could also be gold, perhaps with a black or red stripe as per our Codex cousins. Another option is what I have mocked up in Photoshop below:

gallery_3971_13454_19883.jpg

So what do you think brother? Lieutenants helmet colour:

Option 1: Red helmet with gold or black or gold&black stripe, as per image above.

Option 2: Gold helmet with red or black or red&black stripe.

Option 3: Gold helmet only.

I thought these Primaris Marines from Den of Imagination looked very good, as do Agis Neugebauer's. They are the primary inspiration here.

Gold helmets on Sergeants looked great on neonmole's Grim Dark Blood Angels.

I am going with a solid gold helmet with red armor for the LT, assuming he is a veteran like the 1st company.

Further distinguishing characteristics on the armor will be minimal, as, much like how you shouldn't salute officers when outside the wire, he wouldn't want to stand out moreso than the average primaris.  I say this in a place where dudes are running around with huge banners and captains paint their armor gold, so, whatever.

The way to tell him apart from my other primaris is how I do wound counters:  He has 5 skulls attached to the base via magnets.  (like they are here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302126-lucumons-blood-angels-task-force/?p=4632728)

I really should update my plog...