What did happen to the 4th company

In trying to integrate the new primaris marines into my army I found a paragraph from the fall of cadia that said the last time the 4th company was seen was fighting from a downed ship north of the last fortress battle. I haven't found anything to say they retreated off world before it got pulled in to the warp.

So is the 4th company missing in action? And if so how is Azreal filling that hole. Is this just GW killing off guys to make room for primaris in the dark angels?

@Aothaine I got the battle of calth boxset as a base to my 4th company but no matter the cause the 4th will always need warriors.

My current idea is to have pirmaris marines as a second company formation within the company.

One company master leading multiply company champions ( lieutenants and traditional champions ), champions leading a block of ten squads with Ancients banner bearers everywhere ( want to get into doing my own custom decals so I can do banners with historical events, like the 4ths last stand )

For the 4th I'll use the new Gravis captain but I won't have him as the official master of my 4th, he accepted the role temporarily as master til the final fate of the 4th is found.

Edited by Brother Syddraf

Well if the retcon didn’t happen, Sammael was the Master of the 4th back in 2nd Ed and could help with the ritual and initiations specific to the 4th to at least begin the rebuilding process. Edited by Grand Master Belial

Brother Syddraf, Well a hundred years passed since Fall of Cadia, even if 4th company was completely obliterated there, DA would rebuild it using their reserve companies. I would say -- let's wait for a new codex to arrive, hopefully with more details. 

I have struggle on how to fit new primaris marines into my 3rd company. Would really like to see the new chapter structure. 

In case you haven't read it

The fighting around the downed Dark Agnels Strike Cruiser wasn't the last time the Dark Angels were seen on Cadia. Company Master Korahael was put in command of the mixed chapter Battle Company when the Chaos ground assault started against the main stronghold on Cadia. There was some pretty awesome fluff with the Dark Angels in it during this time however we never found out what happened to Korahael but he must have died as he was never mentioned in anything after the Imperium got off world. Either that or he is still alive just was never mentioned. 

Interesting stuff here. Regardless of the outcome my Chapter Master will be of my own design. And 4th Company is going to be crazy as balls with Plasma. ^_^

Talking 14 Plasma Cannons, 6 Plasma Guns, ~11 Combi-Plasmas and or Plasma Pistols as well as a ton of other nasty stuff. Still trying to decide if I want my razorbacks to be twin lascannons or lascannon and twin plasma guns lol!

In case you haven't read it

The fighting around the downed Dark Agnels Strike Cruiser wasn't the last time the Dark Angels were seen on Cadia. Company Master Korahael was put in command of the mixed chapter Battle Company when the Chaos ground assault started against the main stronghold on Cadia. There was some pretty awesome fluff with the Dark Angels in it during this time however we never found out what happened to Korahael but he must have died as he was never mentioned in anything after the Imperium got off world. Either that or he is still alive just was never mentioned.

What book is that in?