BA TDA Captains in 8th

Is there anything to be said for a Captain in terminator armor with double lightning claws now?

It would make a pretty decent infantry killer, but i feel like if the captain doesn't have a shooting weapon, you're wasting a large part of him. My favorite captain this far has terminator armor, a combi plasma, and relic sword. He shoots hyper accurately and his sword is great for fighting pretty much any character that's not a tank or monster. I use him paired with company vets or sternguard in a drop-spray style list.

A jump pack captain with a combi plasma and power axe also makes a good backfield buffer. With the pack, he can go pretty much anywhere he needs to go (including in buildings) to be a mobile buffing point.

I just can't see giving up 2 plasma shots for one extra claw attack.

I think there is a new thread about captain loadouts in 8th, but.

I'm planing on building two of them. One with combi plasma and power fist and jump pack, acompanied by a company veterans squad with 4 plasmas and 1 combi plasma also in jump packs. And one fluffy one with combi flamer and relic blade who's gonna be captain Raxiatel, Caller of the fire of the 6th company, my all flamers company.

As much as I want a beat stick HQ. you have to be extremely careful with both placement and what you assault. Charging in, only to have your opponent burn two command points to attempt to snipe out characters in combat before they get a chance to do anything is a real threat now unfortunately.

Even with heroic intervention, some heroes are just too slow, or aren't meant for melee anymore. That's one of the few downsides to 8th now-a-days.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

you always want to charge with a unit other than a character first, and ensure your characters charge for an edge of a combat to minimize how much can return attacks against them.

I think it's also why company vets are incredibly important - they can help characters avoid being sniped, unlike anything else in the game.

How can one build a left handed combi-bolter for a kitbashed TDA captain using the Karleam model?

Grab two spare bolters and some green stuff. Cut off the clips from the bolters and shave down the inside of the bolters that you will be gluing together. Then glue the clip to the new combi bolter and greenstuff a strap around the arm.

How can one build a left handed combi-bolter for a kitbashed TDA captain using the Karleam model?

Grey knight terminator left arm for wrist mounted option.

Thousand sons Terminator kit has a left handed combi bolter. I think the BA sprue has a left handed storm bolter also? It might be right.

I would trim off Karlaen's storm bolter but leave his existing hand in place (the left arm and gun is a single piece). Then you can use any existing combi-weapon you like and cut the hand off it. I usually do weapon conversions where the hand joins the gun rather than at the wrist.