Updating my blood angels

Demoulius

Hail brothers,

I just had my first 2 games of 40k and im looking over my army to update it so its useuable in 8th ed.

Id like your advice on the following issues:

-my assault marines are setup with powerfist and meltaguns. meltaguns arent an option anymore. Im also not sure if I should keep the powerfists in. Thoughts?

-Mechanized force? I used to run a force that was about 50% jump and 50% mech. With the huge price hike to vehicles im not sure if this is still viable. I think my old 1500 points force is now about 1800 points (even with the decreased points to troops) what should I do here?

-hq's and characters. Back in our second to last dex I used to run lots of sanguinary priests (when they were 1-3 for 1 elite slot) and last codex I hardly played. I also used to take librarians which I changed to astorath last edition. Im unsure what to do now though... This edition seems to be all about your support characters yet im kinda unsure on what to take :ermm:

Im obviously not asking you guys to rewrite my army list for me :rolleyes: id just like some thoughts on these issues as im not sure where to place them...

Would you happen to have a link to that faq? :) because I love my meltagun assault marines and would hate to replace them.

but, google search and looking on the gw website I cant find an up to date faq, only one for 7th ed :dry.:

Cheers :)

I like that they at least let us keep our flavoured assault marines :happy.: meltaguns on a jump platform are just incredibly good!

Can you guys give me some advice on what hq's to run? I want to run a batallion formation but cant really decide which character to take other then my warlord (Astorath) which is accompanying some DC marines.

-Librarians could buff your army quite nicely, but the way they work with the warp tokens could fail to work when you need it the most. They can help with deny the witch though.

-Sang priest makes your assaults stronger and you could potentially get some of your troopers back with the nartheticum. But I feel that his ability to bring troops back is abit of a gamble.... It also only brings 1 trooper back per turn which wont be enough to keep a unit viable throughout a game.

-Captain lets you reroll missed shots and considering I have quite a shooter strong army it could be very beneficial. But holding a captain back so he can bolster a few squads' shooting feels...off.

Thoughts?

I like that they at least let us keep our flavoured assault marines :happy.: meltaguns on a jump platform are just incredibly good!

This edition plasma guns are actually usable on JP Assault Marines/JP Company Vets. You can assault with rapid fire weapons and they have a range greater than 9". So deep strike them, rain plasma on your enemies and assault them all in one turn. Have a Captain nearby and the marines can't even blow themselves up when they overcharge the plasma guns.

-Captain lets you reroll missed shots and considering I have quite a shooter strong army it could be very beneficial. But holding a captain back so he can bolster a few squads' shooting feels...off.

Thoughts?

I'm liking captains at the minute, I've got mine with jump pack, combi plasma and thunder hammer dropping in near 2 x 5 man van vet squads with 2 hammers, 3 plas pistols and some storm shields in each, first turn drop in and get re-rolls to hit of 1 on all the plas weapons (over charge) then charge my vets next turn, re-rolling cc hits of 1 if you can keep him close enough