Sanguinius/IX Legion between Signus and Imperium Secundus

Indefragable

Do we know anything about what happened between the time the BA left Signus Prime and arrived on Maccrage?

I don't recall any details coming out, although it's been a while since I read either Fear to Tread or The Unremembered Empire.

Do either of those sources mention how long it took thm to reach Maccrage or what may or may not have transpired in between?

Secondly, when do Sanguinius and the IX find out about the Heresy? I remember they learn about the treachery at Signus, but I can't recall if they find out exactly what's happened and who is on what side, etc...

Third, they find their way to Maccrage due to the Pharos device on Sotha, correct?

Thanks.

Edited by Indefragable

The timeline of events in the HH novels is unclear at best and the passage of time even more so. I think it is reasonable to assume that Horus dispatched Sanguinius to Signus shortly before Istvaan (probably around the same time as the burning of Prospero or just before).

Nothing much else happens in the book so I would be inclined to say that quite a lot of time passed on the warp jump to Signus and again to Macragge. That would explain how they found Roboute all set up and empire building after Calth. Yes it was the Pharos that guided the Angels to Ultramar.

From what I remember, the warp journey to Ultramar wasn't noted as being particularly long, just difficult.

Remember that perceived journey time in the Warp often has little bearing on how much time has passed in realspace. The impression I get is that from the point of view of the galaxy at large, a significant chunk of time passes between the Blood Angels being dispatched to Signus and appearing at Macragge.