I'll be seeing the new codex tomorrow - post your questions

Ciler

A mate of mine has - emperor knows how - procured a copy of the codex, which he'll allow me to peruse quickly tomorrow. Please post any questions you have regarding BTs and I'll try and find the answer. Here's a few things I can think of straight away.

• Costing and datasheet for the EC (especially his save)
  • Costing and datasheet for Helbrecht and Grimaldus
  • Status of cenobyte servitors (elite, character)...
  • Costing and datasheet for the crusader squad (especially costing of neophytes)
  • Requirements to use the BT specific stratagem
  • general fluff regarding BTs (especially with regards to primaris)
  • Costing of Lieutenant

In line with the forum's policy, obviously there will be no scans/photos/full rules. Besides I don't think I'd have the time.

Edited by Ciler

Can you check the points on Neophytes? In 7th edition, they were ten, while Initiates were 14. In the index, Initiates are 13, and Neophytes are 11. Really reduces their attractiveness. Hoping the Codex reverts it. Well, hoping is a strong word. I would like it if they did.

You can post images or scans prior to release. After that the normal rules take effect

Certainly, but it's as much my friend as the forum that I'm protecting there.

I'm fluff curious too. That's it.

I'll see what I can do about the fluff, I don't think I'll get much time with it.

My major concern about this editions is the point cost of the Primaris in comparison to regular Marines. With their superior stats line paired with better stock weaponry, I fear I'll be annoyed by insisting on sticking to my true marines (or by GW pushing Primaris down my throat; considering that I quite like the look of the models, but not their size, I find it difficult to resist the pressure, especially when at face value, with all the new plasma weapons, they are so much better than regular marines).

I'm not interested in anything specific, really, but would like to have an idea about the tendency in the book; e.g. a comparison of the cost of an Initiate, Sword Brother and Primaris.

Any noticeable changes in melee weapon costs?  

FP v TH

Relic blade still 21 points

Is a thunder hammer still the same as the power fist and if it still is an option in the weapon lists that we can add as liberally as the index or restricted like the older codexes.  

What I saw from the video the crusader squad costs are the same but I could have been wrong.  

Edited by balordazul

Look for any changes in rules or point cost of Helbrecht and Grimaldus if you could please. Also cenobyte servitors.

I can confirm that the points are the same for those two but not 100% on the rules but I could not see details on the cenobytes or the points in the preview.  

Don't forget the EC is 33 points less now and the same stats and rules. :smile.:

Edited by balordazul

EC - are the rules different?

If I make a captain into a chaptermaster ( with new relic ) - Can i still have the bonus from High Marshall in 9"

No reason you couldn't.

The EC is the same minus the 33 points reduction.  Someone pointed at unlike other characters he is very good at what he does but he is not a force multiplier nor does he have a movement / deployment set of special rules.  

Plus he is now cheap enough that you might see him in every BT list as it should be.  

You can take a look in the other long thread I posted a video and provided a time stamp to see his rules.  Other people were able to see that as well.  

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/336954-chapter-focus-the-imperial-fists-crimson-fists-and-black-t/?p=4828558

The required time stamp is listed in the post below. 

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee473/Baleface/BT%20Army/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-24%20at%2010.52.05%20AM.png

Edited by balordazul

from what I could see all that changed with the EC was he went down 28 points and the black sword went from reroll all failed to wounds to reroll failed wounds against character/monsters. It's not a huge nerf, but it's good that it came with a point reduction too.

from what I could see all that changed with the EC was he went down 28 points and the black sword went from reroll all failed to wounds to reroll failed wounds against character/monsters. It's not a huge nerf, but it's good that it came with a point reduction too.

108 - 75 = 33 and sword is the same as the index.  I blame that it is a Monday.

I can't post the image to youtube time stamp of 40:47 but take a look it looks the same from everything I can tell.  

Was always reroll wounds against character/monsters, no nerf there.

What are the army requirements for getting your chapter tactics/strategem/relics and how does that work with allying with other factions?

Are Bike Captains/Chaplains in there?

Any points changes or fluff changes you can spot?

If I take High Marshall Helbrecht - do I have to make him Warlord  ?

I dont want to use our Warlord Tr. - there are so many better ones.

Is there changing the profile if I spend 3CP and make a Marshal into a High Marshal?