Canoness and BT

Gendo

Looking for an excuse to paint Veridyan...

I assume we can use her Shield of Faith and our Abhor the Witch if her and BT unit is within 24" of an enemy Psyker casting 2 abilities?

I don't see why you could not do so.  

Now lore question to help me maybe build a particular army what would hold more accurate to be grouped with BT?  Also how would you rank them?

SoB

Anti-Psycher assassin 

Sister of Silence 

My main lore source and inspiration to play 40k comes from the novel Helsreach and SoB are featured in it, they also are Zealous nutters like us and gel very well "looks" wise, can't comment on the others as I know nothing about it.

Edited by Gendo

I think they'd be more surprised than anything to find SoS far away from Terra and joining them into a fight... pretty rare indeed...

Although their untouchable nature might cause the Templars to still feel uneasy with them as is the case for majority of the Imperium...

As for Veridyan, very fluffy, go ahead ;)

If you're planning to adding a force of Sisters... I commend your bravery... not a lot of people likes going for armies that aren't even in plastic or in multiple pieces... majority of Sister models are still in blisters too, not even resin... so good luck ;)

I think they'd be more surprised than anything to find SoS far away from Terra and joining them into a fight... pretty rare indeed...

Although their untouchable nature might cause the Templars to still feel uneasy with them as is the case for majority of the Imperium...

As for Veridyan, very fluffy, go ahead :wink:

If you're planning to adding a force of Sisters... I commend your bravery... not a lot of people likes going for armies that aren't even in plastic or in multiple pieces... majority of Sister models are still in blisters too, not even resin... so good luck :wink:

Adding a force of SoB it's the idea, want to give them the heavy stuff I lack in my BT, still holding off a bit and see if they release any plastic with the (maybe) new Codex as HB are sold by the model and are expensive, but will surely get a couple of Penitent Engines as they are reasonably priced and love the model.

For the moment I want to try out Veridyan with eviscerator as extra witch hunting.

Question, can she embark in my vehicles?

Edited by Gendo

Depends on the keyword you use, I figure.

The keyword combination that is not allowed is adeptus astartes psyker and <Black Templars> chapter. You can include inquisitor psykers no problem. On the other hand you cannot use the space marine stratagems.

Depends on the keyword you use, I figure.

The keyword combination that is not allowed is adeptus astartes psyker and <Black Templars> chapter. You can include inquisitor psykers no problem. On the other hand you cannot use the space marine stratagems.

True, but wouldn't that be a keyword <Imperium> army and no longer a <Black Templars> ? Though I suppose his question was army-wide, not within a single detachment.

Don't think Inquisition gels with BT as they can manifest psychic powers even if they don't have the keyword, also lore wise don't think we like them.

Orks are untouched by Chaos and kill witches, too.  Laxity leads to heresy, Spaniard.

Temper your zeal, or you might end up burning all our allies. But if  the slightest doubt appears, have no pity. 

From what I recall of Fall of Cadia, Templars had no issues with Greyfax, though she didn't like Ste Celestine and suspected her to be a witch.  You can take her in the auxiliary detachment. 

But Greyfax is still a psyker ...

Sorry for a slight offtopic, it What with prnitent engines. I'll love to see, sinners runnig for redemption before crusaders come. For all to see that is No deal being a heretic:).

Modela are fine , stats/points are good 55 points for t7w5a4 model with 12 str, And two heavy flamers... . Taking 3 of them you have heavy support detachment And 1 cp If I'm coorect. But how we live with eclesy?

So another change to the psyker restriction in the new codex.  It is worded a little odd and that might be an issue of editing and proofing the work before the release.  

PG 131  The Lost Librarius

Adeptus Astartes Psykers cannot be drawn from the Black Templars Chapter.

So this seems to be the current version of this restriction.  Note that both Adeptus Astartes Psykers and Black Templars are set in bold to indicate key words.