How are assault termies with ss and th?

HastPER

No more joining Squads, Independent Characters stay Independent throughout the game, so if you want to make your Chaplain Deep Strike w/ Assault Terminators, you have to equip him w/ Terminator Armor and Deep Strike him after the Terminators Deep Strike... I wouldn't worry about scatter as nothing scatters anymore... although, you might have problem Assaulting mainly because Deep Strikes requirement is a distance of 9" or more... so you have to roll a minimum of 9 to get into Assault... you might need more than just 1 Terminator Squad to saturate fire so that your Chaplain doesn't get hit...

Also, 2W for Terminators is great :D

What about coming in with a Land Raider Crusader? I put 8 in there, 7 termies with SS and TH and the Chappie for the ride? Or two other HQ instead, like a Champion and an Apothecary? 

I liked that, but 7 Terminators with Helbrecht + Emperors Champion is even stronger.

but btw... the output is not so strong like in earlier editions but 2 wounds is a lot.

Apothecary with Terminators can annoy enemies, but if you're going with Thunder Hammers, then I'd recommend either Grimaldus and/or an Ancient... that way you can add more attacks if you roll a 6 and if one dies he can still attack one time before being removed...

Hammers do 6 Damage if they wound w/c they can do easily... and mind you, it's not D6 Wound, it's just 6 auto damages if they wound... so Hammers + Grimaldus = dead things...

Grimaldus ... no sorry... because you dont get the extraattacks because of -1 to hit rolls. You never get a 6 for the bonus. But lightning claws are always better on str.5 instead of 1/8 chance to get an extra attack.

Grimaldus ... no sorry... because you dont get the extraattacks because of -1 to hit rolls. You never get a 6 for the bonus. But lightning claws are always better on str.5 instead of 1/8 chance to get an extra attack.

Oh forgot that one little detail :p

Well, Ancients are still good, they sort of act like Grimaldus, except for the requirement that they have to die first... which mind you is hard this edition... haven't used them yet this edition, since I use the shooty ones or the Cataphractii with Lightning Claw and combi-Bolter... pretty decent damage in range after Deep Striking...

Helbrecht would be good with Claws, but it won't be that impressive overall... maybe just a Chaplain for the reroll to Hit, since they already have reroll to Wound and they don't have ranged weapons anyway... Helbrecht feels a lot better with Honour Guard, Veterans, vanguard or Crusader Squads... any squad that lacks decent punch in melee... Terminators have staying power on top of their medium level of damage with claws... and they don't scatter and can assault after deep striking which makes them powerful... you can stick them in a Land Raider for better survivability, but I feel that Crusader Squads would need those more if you're not packing Rhinos.

1. Assault termies are still a beat stick, but more resilient with the 2W. Check the most recent batrep in my thread.

2. Grimaldus buffs are good for everyone, but I agree they can be optimized with more close assault oriented units. In my case, 15 (1 SB/9 Initiates/5 Neophytes) Crusaders + chainswords + powerfist + Grim were pretty brutal.

3. The more I see LRCs in action, the more I think they should be in our lists...and I was a huge fan of them from the beginning. As a fire support vehicle for an imminent charge...I don't think it gets much better than that.

i played a game against Mechanicus (very tough Tournament list) and i surprised my enemy with 2 LRCs and

2x 7 Terminators with 2 Lightning Claws and 5 Hammer and Stormshield

+ Helbrecht, Grimaldus and the Emperors Champion + Apothecarius

Haha, because I fought in a line and all the characters in the middle, each chars had buffed the other:

So all Lightning claws had Str.5 and on 6s the got an extra attack - that was funny.

But even better was the Emperors Champion who get extraattacks on S8 against Characters^^

for me personally the best unit-type are the Swordbrothers (Vanguard). I play ten and 7 get Stormshield and Chainsaw, 3 (incl. Swordbr.) get Thunderhammer. Great unit... then always a few shooty Crusaders with Helmbrecht and 2x2 Honor guard if i have to save my gunline^^