Blood Angels 11th company

Dont-Be-Haten

Allo, chaps.

The title says it all. I feel like this might be something to discuss as the future of our chapters comes full swing. The full Primaris Company, the 11th.

From what we know about Dark imperium could it be an outlier for other chapters, such as ours, to gain an 11th company?

How might it be set up and maintained?

A couple mates have been discussing this topic (Strictly for the Ultramarines of course) but bassed off of the information provided by the Dark Imperium Novel, they came up with the following:

Primaris Battle Company

Captain

Chaplain

LT x 2

Apothecary

Ancient

10x five man Intercessor Squads

3x five man Hellblasters Squads

3x three man Inceptor Squads

2x three man Aggressor Squads

2x ten man Reiver Squads

Possibly a Redemptor Pattern Dreadnought.

Thoughts? Perhaps a BA regiment might be altered?

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Well Guilliman makes it no secret that Primaris are the future and are supposed to ultimately succeed the Space Marines. It won't happen today or next year but I'm somewhat sure that it will happen eventually in the rules&models aspect as well.

Our immediate need would be to replace the whole company that fell to the Rage in Angel's Blade/Traitor's Hate.  The 5th I believe?  Then all those lost in the defense of Baal, the losses from the Cryptus System, and the casualties being sustained on Armageddon.  Basically, we're going to need probably close to half of the chapter replaced.  Not including the successors that were killed on Baal.  After writing all of this...it does seem rather convenient now that our chapter is on the brink of extinction, and the stock of viable human recruits is now bio waste.  Looks to me like the "regular marines" will be less common than I had originally thought in the non-codex chapters.  It doesn't seem like we need an 11th company exclusively for them.

Yeah Blood Angels seem to be one of those Chapters that either won't be active in full strength for a while or get largely replaced by Primaris. Which I'm fluff-wise fine with to be honest.

I just hope GW releases proper melee Primaris once we get our Codex because I really don't feel like including Intercessor or Hellblaster in my army and Inceptor are only okay-ish for me as well.

Also Guilliman makes it no secret that he sees the future in the hands of Primaris and that over time every Space Marine should get replaced by a Primaris (be it by getting killed and the void filled with a Primaris or by simply getting the Primaris treatment himself).

Which makes sense in-universe wise since Primaris ARE the better Space Marines by description and it would make sense for GW in game turns since it allows them to sell whole armies all over again for the ones who want to play an army according to the current fluff.

It won't happen tomorrow, it also won't happen next year. But over the course of the next many years I'm sure we will see more and more Primaris releases and less and less Space Marines in the webshop.

It also helps GW to make loyalist Marines and chaos Marines look even more differently to each other, which makes both more appealing to new player.

30k is there for people who just want a big pile of Space Marine vs Space Marine action with both sides looking mostly similar except for the colors.

Well considering each Grayshield that is conscripted to the successor chapters is wide open since they are tens of thousands strong? (Is that where the 11th company gets the 1k?) Guilliman rewrote his on codex for inclusion.

So while we are codex compliant, If we are getting something like an 11th company it would be very interesting for chapters to move up to 2k strong as standard. I think BA curiously enough would benefit.