Crimson Castellans Librarian (WIP)

Hey,

They say don't drink and paint... which I understand, lower co-ordination. But drinking and base-coating? I'm sure that's fine!

Here's the start of my 2017 modelling (bases aside); the Crimson Castellans Chief Librarian/Master Chronicler (essentially their most powerful psyker), "Tacitus Rem".

Undercoated in "Adeptus Battlegrey", which was actually annoying as it's the same color as the Plastic so it was often hard to see where I'd gone over. I just wanted a lighter-undercoat than chaos black, so that I can go over the recessed details with a Badab Black wash to keep them very-black while the armor itself a lighter undershade for applying red.

I've used some odd bits for this model, but when I put them together in the end-pose... it looked :cussin' bad-ass!
- Space Marine Deathwatch Cloaked back (filed down on the lower left side near the pouch and up near the collar as it didn't fit right)
- Newish Veteran squad Legs,
- Veteran Backpack
- Dark Angels Hooded Head
- Thousand Sons Sorcerer Chest/Arms (with a modified stave; the head being a Mechanicus weapon piece, essentially going to be a force-staff/halberd)
- Thousand Sons Shoulder (looks like wood, a theme with my army)
- Skull Shoulderpad from the Sevrin Loth librarian from Forgeworld.

After this image I started digging in the bitz box for other stuff and I'm going to have:
- Purity Seal somewhere.
- Stone Floor Base to go with the stone underfoot on the veteran legs.
- Water Bottle that holds water from his chapter homeworld Vorl Secundus.
- Servo Skull because Servo Skulls are Cool (and for being a "Lingua-Vox Servitor" for understanding dialects/languages).
- Open Book at the end of his outstretched hand, where he's focusing power.

“The taint of Chaos is like a Raging Whirlpool in an otherwise Calm Sea.” ~ Tacitus Rem.

Tacitus Rem Undercoated

Edited by Jupiter Forge

Updating with what I managed today (due to being lazy).

Got his base done (I "thinK" it's the old Marneus Calgar base, as it has an Ultramarines Omega on it), and got the main red of the armor blocked in. Took 3 coats as I can't seem to get my paints to water down and "flow" correctly and evenly, which annoys me.

He's starting to look more like a Thousand Sons sorcerer rather than a Loyalist... but that's intentional, as he served in the Thousand Sons prior to their betrayal (full backstory not worked out yet, but essentially joined the Castellans to train their Librarium, but ended up staying).

20376046 10155653016288092 2623630568207090508 N

20424256 10155653328173092 6750014228383247827 O

Edited by Jupiter Forge

• 2 weeks later...

looks good so far, to thin down paints for your best coat i.e. the main body, use GW's Lahmian medium as you would water,it thins it but doesn't ruin the rich colour.

Keep at it !!!

cheers, Mithril