new dark angels artwork

aura_enchanted

Ah, he is sporting the classic Astartes Pattern Baldness. Always a favourite :wink:

well to be fair, thats how i imagine all astartes should be. it kinda bothers me that all these primaris have hair. i will make sure to pass down the chain that all marines promptly shave their heads. Razors and files will be provided. Contact your closest supply servitor. Also, a new shipment of helmets arrived, now we dont need to go into battle without head protection. 

As long as there is no direct skin to skin need for some kind of interface, I've always preferred to have a little bit of hair padding between me and a helm, so I don't think a high and tight or similar would be out of place on a Marine.

It's good art, methinks, but nothing stellar or revealing anything new about the Primaris and DA. :(

Edited by Bryan Blaire

As long as there is no direct skin to skin need for some kind of interface, I've always preferred to have a little bit of hair padding between me and a helm, so I don't think a high and tight or similar would be out of place on a Marine.

It's good art, methinks, but nothing stellar or revealing anything new about the Primaris and DA. :sad.:

Don't helmets have some sort of padding inside? Speaking as a person who wears his hair as short as possible (read: the only thing I do not do is polishing my head :D), I find it very liberating and comfortable. Looking at SW manes, I wonder how they can be combat ready at a moment's notice when they sleep, for example, or during heavy wind and rain of if hit by an incindiary strike, the list goes on. Wouldn't that interfere with vision, get itchy during long deployments without hygene options and be highly uncomfortable if they actually get around to wear a helmet?

yes i imagine the helmets would have padding. wearing a helmet without padding would be terrible, i know from personal experience. as for space wolves, well maybe the reason so many of them ditch the helmets is because of their flowing locks. maybe they also use some fenrisian super hair gel that is stronger than wind. as far as sleeping, and what im imagining you are referring to as bed head, well in the military you learn to sleep sitting down. just grab the collar of your plate carrier, rest your chin on said plate carrier and lean back on something. fairly comfy.  im sure after 10k years, the sw have figured something similar for field sleeping

Edited by jbaeza94

Don't helmets have some sort of padding inside?

The helm/helmets I have worn all either had padding put on separately, or were suspended away from the head by simple mesh webbing wrapped with a little padding/leather. I've never seen a lot of details about what is specifically inside a Marines helm, but I imagine they either have some kind of arming cowl with padding or have integrated padding.

You're never going to want a lot of hair inside a helm(et) unless you are somehow actually using that as your padding material.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

Don't helmets have some sort of padding inside?

The helm/helmets I have worn all either had padding put on separately, or were suspended away from the head by simple mesh webbing wrapped with a little padding/leather. I've never seen a lot of details about what is specifically inside a Marines helm, but I imagine they either have some kind of arming cowl with padding or have integrated padding.

You're never going to want a lot of hair inside a helm(et) unless you are somehow actually using that as your padding material.

I would never want a lot of hair on my head, period :D