Sgt Chronus rule clarification.

Ishagu

If I put Chronus in a Predator for example, does the Predator remain as a heavy support option with a HQ inside, or does the whole thing become a HQ option?

Could have an impact on heavy slots in a detachment perhaps?

As it stands at the minute it appears the vehicle remains in its normal slot (dedicated transport or heavy support) and chronus takes up an Hq slot seperately.

For detachments he is a good choice for a cheap hq, but other than that the only benefit he provides is to the vehicle he is in, no aura like Longstike from Tau, so perhaps the lack of an aura is the reason the vehicle stays in its normal slot, but that is just a guess on my part.

Between his personal stat-block and his weapon stat block we have a couple lines of text that says he's taken as an 'upgrade'.

From what I see, 'upgrade' appears twice in the main rulebook, both times in reference subordinate to the listing of another unit, which suggests upgrades never get listed independently and could imply that Chronus occupies no slots for himself.

Clearly one of all y'all interested parties needs to lobby the citadel community team to clarify this in a soon forthcoming FAQ for Codex: Marines.