What size games are people playing?

Brother Bish

I've played very few games of 8th edition so far but they have generally been 2,000 points. As a Dark Angels player I'm taking a lot less than I had in my army at the end of 7th edition (my 7ed 1850pt Lion's Blade with all its unpaid for transports would be close to 2,750 in today's 8ed points) but 2,000 points feels like a happy medium where a lot of armies are taking a similar amount to an 1850 list in 7ed.

2,000 points works out at around 100PL and I have occasionally found power levels a good way to quickly get models on the table when you want to try different things (but I wouldn't want to use them as the norm!).

Ive been pushing to play 2500 and 3000 points games. Playing Deathwing at lower levels is just not as fun!

Interesting - I think I've pretty much abandoned trying to get Deathwing into my list again (250ish points per squad still not pulling its weight for me). I may have to suggest to my friends that we have a big 3000 point set piece in a couple of months that I can prepare some Terminators for!

Ive been pushing to play 2500 and 3000 points games. Playing Deathwing at lower levels is just not as fun!

Interesting - I think I've pretty much abandoned trying to get Deathwing into my list again (250ish points per squad still not pulling its weight for me). I may have to suggest to my friends that we have a big 3000 point set piece in a couple of months that I can prepare some Terminators for!

just put plans into motion for a 40k apoc game at my local gw in nov, hope it comes to fruition. 

Thanks everyone! I was wondering about that with my Deathwing/Ravenwing Force. I need to update it a bit as well. I stopped playing before the DW and RW Knights came out.