Detachment question

Rangeltoft

Hello!

A quick little question regarding Detachments.

Can I include DKoK units in a standard AM detachment without losing any rule benefits? I know that they can't use orders from diffrent regeiments etc, but is it otherwise "legal"?

Could I have some Deathriders in a spearhead detachment from the AM index for instance?

/Cheers Rangeltoft

Yup right now there is really no downside to mixing detachments

You could even through in some AdMech, sisters or other non vanilla SM's and not lose any benefits

This will most likley change in future

Although at least with CT's the benefit is only restricted to the Detachment being the same <"Sub-faction">. So that won't stop you taking multiple Detachments in your Army and mixing and matching that way.

I quite like that as long as it's imperium I can mix units up in my armies. It makes it so much easier to make the kind of fluffy forces you see in the fiction where you might get a force of guardsmen led by an inquisitor and some sororitas or astartes. In previous rulesets each of those forces would need a separate detachment with its own compulsory choices where that isn't always how things go down in the fluff. Edited by Kuro_Ryu

Yup right now there is really no downside to mixing detachments

You could even through in some AdMech, sisters or other non vanilla SM's and not lose any benefits

This will most likley change in future

Although at least with CT's the benefit is only restricted to the Detachment being the same <"Sub-faction">. So that won't stop you taking multiple Detachments in your Army and mixing and matching that way.

Since Im runing my AM as Brood Brothers I can't do that, sure would be nice to have some Admech units, but alas, not allowed.

But it is a pathway to a second army for sure.