Detachments and Point levels Discussion

Which detachments do you like to take this edition and why? 

I just got the new codex last night and realized, painstakingly, that the Brigade Detachment is very hard.. possibly enviable to build at the 2k point limit. Our elite and heavy support options are very expensive. I really wonder if matched games and Tournaments will see the 1850 "standard" from previous editions go away in favor of higher point games. 

I think birgade is near near impossible at 2k. Maybe if you want to go full msu, fill troops with cheap cultists and 5 man marine squads, then elites/heavy support with the cheapest, smallest chosen/havoc squads possible but that feels like such a bare bones list. I'd rather use brigade and have the pts for a few vehicles. Plus well there is no doubt MSU is good because of how moral works, I like to have a few big units that can really get more mileage out of stratagems since you can only use one a phase and a small unit don't benefit as much as a large one would.

And earthshaker carriages are effective and cheap heavy support. Unfortunately if you add them or malefic lords into a brigade you foreit your legion traits. I'm making a list for a 1500 point tournament using Alpha Legion and I shoehorned 8 command points by putting my chosen and havoks into the HS detachment, and all my troops into a battalion detachment, and using Arcos for an HQ to get +1 command point.