Templars- Relic, Warlord, and Special Characters

gally912

The Cenobytes aren't anywhere near as survivable as a Character though.

I have my Crusaders in vehicles so the largest units are 9 each, never lost 1 guy to morale tests but i use the Cenobytes as a cheap way to get a Vanguard Det and +1 CP

Edited by Gendo

I always take Helbrecht as my warlord, am looking at a list down the road with Grim, and tend to slap the Templar relic on a Lieutenant for an easy boost, and once on a Marshal on a bike to make a very mobile 9" bubble.

Good idea! I'm taking some bikers out for a ride on Wednesday next week so the Marshall can have a 9 inch buff. As it were.

Well, it makes it's range a little longer. But to be honest, I don't see the interest in the ancient in the first place. The character itself is meh at best (since it's stuck with a power sword, although it has 4 wounds), and it's special rule is extremely situational. Marines have ATSKNF so the morale boost isn't direly necessary, and the 50% chance for one extra action is likely to have a negligible impact at best.

Chaplains and lieutenants strike me as much better bearers. Hell, even an apothecary in a pinch.

Considering I always run Helbrecht, I tend to put our fancy hat on a Castellan. Popping them out of an LRC at point blank range is brutal, and if you're really driving hard for that position using even more units, a few extra inches on the wound rerolls can help with both your opening fusilade and the following charges.

Strictly speaking, the chaplain gets the most bang for your buck out of the helm simply because he has 2 auras. However, whether his Ld buff is really that good is up to you. I think the helm is best used on a Lt or chaplain simply because it allows them to be a little farther from the squads they are buffing and if they are also the warlord you can give them the Templar one and then decide where best to intervene.

I know a lot of people aren't keen on that trait but I think it's great on Helbrecht. His buffs are so good that depending on the target you may not want him in the danger zone of being hammered by something with multiple damage weapons. Then he can intervene wherever needed and bring his formidable sword to bear.