[SWA/Necro] "Jem & The Holo-Damned" Escher Gang

Thank you STD, such a sweetie as always! I've added another layer of highlights to her fist :smile.:

Cheers very much OakRiver. I have 22 of the old minis (enough for my Genestealer cult counts as). The only model I don't own is the heavy plasma gun. I would love to get her, but she's so expensive!

Haha Kage I had no idea Kimber was a gun, it's just for Kimberly. But that works so well!

Thanks Hunky Bob! I just wanted a unique leader and the fact she has dreads was the cherry on the cake! I do have the 2 leader models too!

Okay guys, so here is another couple of finished gangers. Introducing:

Pizzazz!

Pizzazz_Fin2_Small.jpg

Roxy!
Roxy_Fin2_Small.jpg

And a lil group shot!
Gang2_Small.jpg

I did get some Dryad bark today, so I can finally start adding some women of colour to the gang next! Also seeing them together, I really like the look of the tabards matching the hair. I'm tempted to go back and repaint them as such. What do people think?
Edited by Sister Alessia

I did get some Dryad bark today, so I can finally start adding some women of colour to the gang next! Also seeing them together, I really like the look of the tabards matching the hair. I'm tempted to go back and repaint them as such. What do people think?

I think that's a great idea! But pleas, paint the tabards the same colour as the hair, not the other way around. I love the green hair on Pizzazz. 

Thank you STD, such a sweetie as always! 

Me a sweetie?? Im as sweet as a bottle of Second Best :lol:

Gangs coming together nicely, :tu: they look good stood next to each other. 

I didn't realize that the Hello Kitty pauldron was hand painted, I thought it was a finger nail transfer or something. Nice job painting it! I like your models so far. I can't really jump on the Necromunda bandwagon yet since the only models I seem to own are second hand Goliaths that appear to have been "converted" (Which seems to involve having their arms clipped off). I am impressed by how people have been dusting off old Necromunda projects and giving them some love once again. :)

the only models I seem to own are second hand Goliaths that appear to have been "converted" (Which seems to involve having their arms clipped off). 

Don't let that stop you mate, slap on some Catachan arms and off you go. Plus the feeling you get when you turn a 'lost cause' mini into something kickass is quite pleasing. 

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I will have some more free painting time this weekend yay! I've noticed I've also got pretty much the exact boots the new escher are wearing. I might have to do a cosplay!

@Bjorn I've already included the Missfits into the gang  "Pizzazz" and "Roxy" so far. Otherwise I'd only have 4 members. Would of been cool to have them as rival gangs though :)

@Flameboy Yes the Hello Kitty is painted, thank you! I had no idea if It would work or not, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

@STD Is that you in your new avatar? Love it!

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I will have some more free painting time this weekend yay! I've noticed I've also got pretty much the exact boots the new escher are wearing. I might have to do a cosplay!

@Bjorn I've already included the Missfits into the gang "Pizzazz" and "Roxy" so far. Otherwise I'd only have 4 members. Would of been cool to have them as rival gangs though :)

@Flameboy Yes the Hello Kitty is painted, thank you! I had no idea if It would work or not, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

@STD Is that you in your new avatar? Love it!

Aye thats me, and thank you. :) Though I think yours is nicer, much easier on the eye lol.

As for the boots, lets have a look, I have decided to do a proper Cybergoth Brat gang instead of trying to squeeze too many influences into my Escher.

Omg you has a fuzzy Squig!! Pure evil them dogs are.

Cool boots, I didnt think of metal 'wedges', will be easier than trying to sculpt proper heels thats for sure. Thanks for that, you have helped a lot. :)

Hair looks good too. :tu:

I wonder how 41st Millennium people view Hello Kitty? (The copyright would've expired long before the Great Crusade began, as would the copyright holders themselves.) As a protective symbol, to ward off evil spirits? A symbol of good luck, like a four-leaf clover? Something like a maneki-neko, to draw the Emperor's eyes upon the wearer?

@ I do have a Fuzzy Squig! He's called Chewbacca Megatron Von Spitz Mc bastard Hemingway! Or Chewie for short :biggrin.: Apparently pedigree dogs are meant to have fancy long names, but Chewie is a rescue Pom, so I got to name him lol! Glad you like the boots! I think metal wedges will be much cooler and far more practical! I'm 5"8 so I should be about 6"2 in those boots. Just right for an Amazon in space!

@Doghouse Awww thanks chicken! The colours really pop on the tabletop!

@Bjorn I have been thinking about this. I'd like to think Hello Kitty has evolved into something more like Maneki-neko or an Imperial Saint of luck lol.

I will be working on my gang again tomorrow. Updates either late tomorrow or Monday! I still think I will be finished way before the new gangs get released, so I will probably be getting the plastic Escher and Goliath. Just need to decide weather to do the Escher as a separate gang.

5"8, your a shortarse just like me!! :laugh.:

But you lack the beard of a true stuntie, though we can fix that...
stoning-3.jpg

Doggo has a cool name :) I bet he can be a right barsteward when he wants to be though.

med_gallery_75911_9926_136060.jpg

See, pure evil, don't say I didn't warn you when you need an exorcism.

So what you working on next?? Starting something new or finishing off something?

Edited by Slave to Darkness