HH Space Wolves lets go hunting for traitors.

So after several years away from the hobby and just not having enough space or spare time to really enjoy it I am back. It couldn't be a better time to be back in the hobby. So many just lovely miniatures and no metal pieces that require a hack saw for simple conversations. What's not to love.

So I have decided on Heresy Space Wolves. For a few reasons. Mainly I enjoy how stupidly complicated the 7E rules are and lets not over looks the stunning miniature ranges available to support this iconic era in the games history.

I went with Wolves simply because I think they place nicely and you know Hero with a Heavy Bolter.

So my list as it stands is as follows.

Harval Red Blade a terminator command squad and a mobile bunker to drive them into traitor lines.

Rune Priest to try and mitigate some of the nasty mind billets that some of the heretics like to throw around.

Vigilator because seekers are bad ass in my eyes and who doesn't like to score first blood before the game begins.

Contemptor dread on foot with melta and a chain fist

9 vets and a rhino

2 units of 10 slayers in rhinos

1 recon squad in a rhino

10 seekers on foot

2 land speeders with melta

2 melta preds

Quite simply I want to take the fight to my enemy and felt this was the best way of going about it with out spamming loads of assault marines or spartans filled with hate.

With regards to what I'm aiming for on the miniatures. I am hoping to keep the look of them moving from campaign to campaign in the emperors name. So I'm trying to keep them looking a little less polished. I haven't yet worked up the courage to try painting knot art but am wanting to incorporate some of the 40K markings with regards to the pack symbols. As the list is running the bloody claw rite of war I am trying to incorporate a red marking on one arm per miniature.

Anyway I have waffles on some what so here is where I am at with the Vigilator so far. 2 Wolves will be joining him on his hunt. Any and all feed back is most appreciated.

Stray

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

40K pack markings are cool and FW used them or a variation on them so it would not be an issue to use them in 30K

Going mech will be interesting as tanks are not nearly so durable in 30K compared to 40K, but you have a decent force.

I would say though that your wash/ dip is a bit thick,  so it might be worth watering it down or just going for the recesses.

Good start though

Thanks for the feed back. I will definitely look to watering down the wash a little more I future and to possibly look into lightening the armour tones a little more to make up for that.

I know tanks are a little like wet paper in 30k will see how that all pans out as I get a few games under my belt.

So my weekend has not been un productive even if it has taken me until now to post. Got a tasty parcel with some bits and have been frantically trying to build bodies.

Still waiting on forge world and all the iconography and mkIV goodness but the mkIII and termies are making a start. You may spot a sons of Horus deapoiler forming the base for the rune priest.

IMG_1245.jpg

I'm looking to mix and match armour types with the seekers and vets and then 10 of each for the slayer units. Sorry tedious construction isn't that fun to look at will have something more exiting next time.

Well it's been a week since my last update. Been a little crazy but some hobby time has been found. I have managed to finally get FW to kick GW into running some MKIV across the parking lot so I can finish building the infantry. All though it's not a huge update I figured I'd share the painting progress made.

The Vigilator and his two extra angry wounds are finished. I feel one of the Wolves needs another highlight on some of the fur though I will hold off on that for a couple of days.

I have almost finished off the Rune Priest. It's a very simple conversion. I didn't want him to feel to psychery. I will be having him cast divination powers on the vets. So ran with the concept of him being this young battle hungry good luck charm. I guess I'll see how he fits with the rest of the unit when they are finished.

Finally I got a good start on Red Blade. I'm still considering if anything else needs to go on him. I know there are a couple of bits left to touch up. With regards to painting him I'm thinking about keeping elements of his armour black. Chaplains wish they could bring the hate like this chap.

Anyway pic feed incoming.

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

So once more a week has past and I have a little more to show for it this time. My forgeworld order finally arrived yesterday. I have made a running start at the terminator command squad. Must say I was stoked with how nice the terminators are to paint.

The finishing touches went into the rune priest. Probably a few bits to touch up but for table top use I can't imagine anyone will complain.

Unfortunately some Custodes may have found there way into my grubby hands so I started painting a test mini. I have gone for the black that is depicted in inferno. The detachment being deployed in the second wave once the warp storms had got hold of the planet.

Finally though and most importantly the contemptor has started its construction and conversion. I have been itching to get hold of this mini for a while now and it was certainly worth the wait.

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

Awww yisss... You have just confirmed for me that the murderfang claws look brilliant on contemptors. I have been waiting for mine to arrive to try out that very idea!! :tu:

Also what body did you use for the running Rune Priest?

@ Bob Hunk

Thanks so much buddy!

@Wolf_Priest_Dantay

The rune priest torso is from a Sons of Horus Reaver. The claws on the Dread need more work than you'd think to fit. I'm going to have to do a bit of plasticard work to make them join up nicely. I'll remember to pop up some WIP's for you when I get around to doing that for you.

• 4 weeks later...

So it's been a while since I have updated. All pics have been taken quite hastily when I have had some hobby time. I do however hope you all enjoy seeing the progress I have been able to make.

First up is a champion/delagatus for use in smaller games. A WIP and near finished stages of paint. Still not sure about the white helm but helps him stand out so feed back would be great along with a close to finished member of the terminator command squad.

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Up next is the combat recon squad. Getting all the MKVI was a pain but I think worth it.

IMG_1450.jpg

Finally I had some an uncontrollable urge to make a 30K wolf priest. Ulrik in 40K I enjoy but the pose I found lacking. It's also an excuse to u leash those who have fallen to a more savage state on those unloyal traitors.

IMG_1449.jpg

As always in a thread like this. I look forward to hearing your feed back.

Stray

The painted picture of your delegatus looks a lot better than the unpainted one. Might have been the angle, but the head looked too low previously.

I like the mix of mark 64, SW and Mor Deythan parts for your squad, and the little tattoo markings on the terminator helm is a very cool touch.

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay

Thanks man. The head was repositioned after that pic was taken as I hadn't settled on it yet. I'm surprised given your keen eye for bits that you hadn't picked up that it's a Tartaros termie helm. The eye mark idea came from a wealth of Wolf art that I compiled before I began the project but I think it's things like that which help add that character to the legion with out needing a wolf pelt every other mini like the 40K iteration.

@Spiritual Liege

The priest still has a lot of work left to do. I agree about the sword. I was thinking about the Wulfen twin handed great axe and removing the second hand from the half. The sword gives a good reference point for the general stance and flow of him though.

Thanks for the feed back fellas. Will try to have something finished to show by the end of the week.

Stray

With regards the wulfen axe, if you have a spare wulfen hammer you could use that, as the hand is for the correct side, plus it is one handed. All you would need to do is swap the weapon heads.

Either that or use the upgrade sprue axe, or even Kroms axe might look good.

Explains the lack of a neck on the helm, thought it was a bit wider than normal, 

Iv had a look at the axe I was considering. It's a surprisingly easy chop job to shrink the haft. Hand is on the correct side as well so that makes things a little easier. I may see how one of the hammers looks as could make for a very simplistic Crozius.

I feel like Kroms Blade is very recognisable and paired with the elements from Ulrik I fear the mini will end up looking like a best bits of badasses instead of 30K priest. Personal opinion anyway.

The slight lack of neck and wider helm I think helps aid the hard hitting slightly squat look I was trying to achieve with the MKIII combat shield and hammer. The FW torsos are quite bulky any way I found the standard MKIV helm looked a little too long as a result of other parts used.

The priest still has a lot of work left to do. I agree about the sword. I was thinking about the Wulfen twin handed great axe and removing the second hand from the half. The sword gives a good reference point for the general stance and flow of him though.

Can't wait for the finished model!

Unfortunately Spiritual Liege you will not find any progress on the priest in this post but final bits have been ordered and on the way.

Today I have managed to get onto the home stretch for the terminator command squad and big daddy wolf lord himself. Ink was still a little wet when I got exited and snapped a pic so apologies if it’s a wee bit shiny in places.

BACB31_C5_6993_4_A6_C_9_C37_8_C5_A24_E47

Stray