HH Space Wolves lets go hunting for traitors.

Thanks chaps!

@ hushrong the markings on the grey were a real gamble if I’m honest. I’m glad it’s not making them busy in numbers. I wanted to try and keep the warrior culture of Fenrris on all the minis with out going over board with trinkets. Again glad your digging it.

@ Wolf_Priest_Dantay getting that assault cannon to mesh with the back of the terminator armour was a royal pain. I was looking to recreate that for the auto cannon in squad as well but after doing it for Red Blade that idea got canned.

• 2 months later...

Sorry it’s been a while. Life some what slammed on the breaks on the hobby train and killed any of the somewhat slow momentum that I had been able to muster.

That said I got some hobby time in this evening and looks like some more time has presented itself going into the weekend.

My last little WIP was of the Wolf Priest and a weapon swap was in order. So I present to you the swapped weapon. Some painting has taken place as well but poor lighting and a still wet wash wasn’t going to photo well so you’ll have to wait on seeing any of that progress.

8_F284700_74_F5_4796_862_D_64_B55064_C1_

As always any feedback is always appreciated.

Stray.

So getting my momentum back I have started a test piece for my recon squad. I have gone with mkVI armour to help the squad stand out on the table against all the grey slayers and vets in older armour marks. As for the painting I wanted to add a bit more colour with the yellow and red markings I have been adding to miniatures of late. The idea of war paint and warrior markings to be in keeping with the pre game scout move and there eagerness to prove themselves to there brothers and Primarch. I don’t think the yellow or red blades will be on the whole squad but sprinkled in and won’t be something I will be adding to other combat units at the moment.

Feed back as always is most helpful.

DB568_EBE_DFB2_440_E_A290_36044_C0867_FE

Stray

Another small update. I won’t bore you with a sea of WIP power armour on basic squad dudes. I have been able to find time to work on one of the larger pieces in my force while also batch painting up a squad. So with out further ado.

36_C1_D2_AA_28_F2_422_F_AEAA_C77_E9_D47_

I am happy with it so far. Been a very long time since I have had to paint a large piece like this. I know there is still plenty to touch up and tweak.

With regards to some of the heraldry you can see. The VI where not a big part of unification but a couple of sources mention them very briefly. So I went with the idea of the warrior with in being one of the legions original Terrans. Hence the eagle and lightning bolts on the shoulder.

Stray.

The claws are black as I am currently prepping them for the metal treatment they will be getting. I won’t be working any fun coloured power weapons into the army. Perhaps something I’ll explore more in future projects.

The jewel is from the Wolf terminator kit. It doesn’t marry up too well so a little GS is required to get it to fit. It’s easy to do though. I have found a lot of little odd bits from the Wolf kits can be easily worked into the larger miniatures with very little effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Well first post here in the new year. I hope you all had a cracking time with friends and family over the holidays.

I have been able to get a little more work done since I was last here. The contemptor is coming along nicely at this point and the recon squad is moving along too. I haven’t quite mustered the strength to go back to any of the characters or command squad to finish as of yet. They are next after the recon squad.

Hope you all enjoy the progress i hace to share. Until next time.

Stray.

3465_E475_7853_4_F9_C_8_BD4_54527038_A05

CFD4_C80_F_A4_D7_4_B04_A58_B_8_AA55_AB2_

37_FBC180_73_EA_4450_B10_F_DF007482_DD2_

@Brother Pheidias I’m glad you’re enjoying the balance. The balance of them being too wolfy has been something that’s been quite hard to maintain at times.

On another note I’m planning my deathsworn conversions at the moment seeing as I’m waiting on the last of the green stuff to finish drying on the Priest. Has anyone any good references advice for the unit?

I’m looking to avoid the skull helms mentioned as I fear they will start looking a little cartoony with them. Any advice or ‘would like to sees’ greatly appreciated.

Stray

A productive few days for me. I’m sure not as productive as some have had so please brace yourselves for a rather large pic feed.

@Dantay VI you are right the classic art is almost wolfen lite. Where as the FW books mention them wearing skull helms to signify them embracing the Cult of Moraki and describe them as having an almost un controllable blood lust. I think I’ll be using the wolfen arms and pads, some more basic armour MKII and maybe MKIII.

Priest Ready for paint.

0_AF35_B2_E_4_E71_47_DA_B10_A_790833177_

Contemptor Finished, I will definitely be adding some more after how enjoyable this was to paint.

B79_D5_A84_C0_C1_4638_A53_B_47_B3_E75668

78_F667_B1_D981_4922_82_E2_1_B34_AECB74_

727_FDD5_C_8_DE9_4315_A286_DE14_D9551_B9

CB183_FCB_98_F5_4279_A1_C4_5_D540_B5_E0_

The recon squad/grey slayers with ccw’s list depending are taking shape nicely.

F2_CAB66_B_E014_48_B1_9_A76_8_B4_F2_F471

4_B1_EDA7_F_5345_429_F_B170_995025888_D6

81_CE79_BC_D0_F9_429_D_82_F4_39963_AA6_C

As always any feed back is great to hear. Until the next time.

Stray

Edited by The_Stray_Idea

• 2 weeks later...

Hobby time has been some what scares. By no means non existent but my drive to tackle a squad hasn’t quite been there so to keep things moving I have been doing a little on and off to the wolf priest. This has been my first face back in the hobby so I’m sure it can be improved upon. Any tips or tricks regarding this would be most appreciated.

I have worked out how I will be doing my deathsworn/wulfen light as well. So next to finish is the recon squad and one grey slayer unit so I can justify the order.

66_B0_A77_B_0_E6_B_4742_A998_EF32_E11_CA

38_EC4702_42_F5_458_E_B4_E9_A9_B3_B7_D48

Stray

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update with a bit more meat to it all. I have finished the Speaker of the dead. I must say that was a joy to paint and can’t wait to get my hands on some more MKII. Red blade and the terminator command squad got a bit of a priority push though. They have been sitting a little while so really needed to get done. A mkIIb is en route to them and rumour has it the Wolf King himself will be reunited with his sons! I’m in the process of getting the bolter slayers upto the same stage in paint as the recon squad/combat slayers with the aim being I will get them all finished at the same time. I thought going into the mkIV unit that they would look a little boring, the plastic doesn’t quite excite as much as the mkIII that said they have been a blast so far. Always nice to be surprised.

Anyway obligatory chatter out of the way. Pics bellow. As always enjoy!

Stray

64_A7_D49_E_1_B6_B_4991_A268_21847461_CB

13_ADCF33_C353_476_E_88_D3_F8_C5_FFBFF51

48911_EE0_F265_403_C_9_C42_4_AFCF7_E8_E5

92826_D9_C_3943_4_CC8_AEDF_3_B35_D027_A7

I’m stoked to have Russ turned up today. He has been a piece I have wanted to get my hands on for a very long time. I won’t be using all of the scenic base as I feel it makes him tower far to much over infantry. That how ever is not the most significant change that I have made.

Since Iv seen the model I always thought it was a shame that the he couldn’t weild that stunning shield as I thought it befitted the pose.

So with that in mind a fresh cup of coffee and hobby tools in hand I have set to.

A lot of what you can see is tacked or pinned in place as I still have plenty of green stuffing a head of me.

B151_AD57_AAF2_407_A_BB2_E_A6_CA4320_F26

03_D49491_241_E_4_A42_AA1_A_46_DBABC3_D8

88366_EB5_EDA4_428_F_8_A60_3908_A405_C37

Stray

Bjorn I’m keen to get paint on him too. I still have some fiddly sculpting left to do and as much as I want him finished I will be taking my time and probably doing a little bit every evening between working on other minis so I can get the best possible end result. I will of course continue to share the work that’s getting done on him as it happens though.