EC's kill team!?

Gendo

Still struggling to get the EC onto target range with all the bubbles and such, I've been thinking instead of having him in the LRC or a Rhino with Crusaders to just make a unit out of him with the sole purpose of going fast up the table, eat whatever bubble and get to work.

What about 5 Company Vets with Storm Bolters and Chainswords in a Razorback with Flamer (deterrent for charging it), would that work?

It could get shot down but I have enough priority targets to make it slip through enemy lines.

Have you considered dropping him off with a stormraven or drop pod? Your kill team options sounds good! For my first few games I've had him in a rhino with some crusaders. Crusaders charge the fodder in front while he swings around the back to get the juicy targets. Then again I haven't played against a heavy ranged opponent that bubnlewraps... playing admec Thursday though and am a bit nervous!

I think the kill team should vary depending on your opponent. Clear chaff, or wipe out elites that are in the way.

Have you considered dropping him off with a stormraven or drop pod? Your kill team options sounds good! For my first few games I've had him in a rhino with some crusaders. Crusaders charge the fodder in front while he swings around the back to get the juicy targets. Then again I haven't played against a heavy ranged opponent that bubnlewraps... playing admec Thursday though and am a bit nervous!

I think the kill team should vary depending on your opponent. Clear chaff, or wipe out elites that are in the way.

Not into the Raven look and it doesn't fit any unit i'm currently playing, I fear in a Pod the EC will be a sitting duck especially near a Psyker.

Played in the Rhino (or LRC) so far as you did but because the other Rhino had a Champlain I wanted to keep everything close to buff both squads but it never works out.

Will probably drop the Chaplain until I can buy him and his squads a second LRC and try the EC stuff instead.

I'm currently running him in a stormraven with a 10 man crusader squad and a ironclad dreadnought.  Plans are to have the opponent focus fire 1 of 3 threats, or split and not kill any of them while my back line is providing fire support.

So far I've deployed the Champion once via Pod (failed his charge, with predictable results) and once by LRC (slaughtered the one meager psyker HQ nearby, then got plinked to death.

So in general I would just deploy him alongside a squad in a tank/raven.  You can put him in an all out face smashing squad, but he can do just fine rolling with a Crusader Squad aimed at a crucial target.  As for Pods, they are a hefty gamble even with re-rolling charges.  If you plan on assaulting out of them, best take something pretty cheap like a Crusader Squad or something really tough like an Ironclad, and never alone just one lone Pod.

Edited by Firepower