AL Tz Possessed + Changling?

intel31337

Legion Trait - Alpha Legion: -1 to hit from anything over 12" away

Changling: -1 to hit for tzeentch daemons within 9" of the changling

Yep...should work. Make sure to give the Possessed a "tail" back toward the Changeling when they pop in with the "Infiltrate" stratagem and set the Changeling up after all of your other "normal" setups.

Ohhh I like it! 

Would you take the HQ detatchment for the changling+others or the detachment that just lets you grab one unit from anywhere?

You don't want them in the same detatchment or your possessed won't get the legion trait.

Or I guess you could take the primary detachment as the changling + dudes then toss in a different detachment for the possessed with tz sorc... hmmm... With Nightlords you should be able to drop the sorc in with the possessed too... good times!

Edited by Aothaine

Ohhh I like it! 

Would you take the HQ detatchment for the changling+others or the detachment that just lets you grab one unit from anywhere?

You don't want them in the same detatchment or your possessed won't get the legion trait.

Or I guess you could take the primary detachment as the changling + dudes then toss in a different detachment for the possessed with tz sorc... hmmm... With Nightlords you should be able to drop the sorc in with the possessed too... good times!

Well there are a ton possibilities but I'd probably take it in a Patrol Detachment with a bunch of horrors.

As much as I like the idea of summoning Daemons into your CSM army...since you'd be building your army around this combination summoning wouldn't make much sense this time around unfortunately.

Edited by sfPanzer

Ohhh I like it! 

Well there are a ton possibilities but I'd probably take it in a Patrol Detachment with a bunch of horrors.

As much as I like the idea of summoning Daemons into your CSM army...since you'd be building your army around this combination summoning wouldn't make much sense this time around unfortunately.

What if you get first turn?

Have a sorcerer + possessed detachment then have a changeling + brims detachment?

I'd rather have a SupCom with Changling, Herald, and Daemon Prince, and a Vanguard of Exalted Champion and Possessed.

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking too..

Though it will be silly to build an army around adding the changeling for now. His aura might only affect daemons from the daemon codex. I would wait until then. Also, possessed are going to be weird with this. It will only really help until they get into close combat, which is where they want to be. But there are ways to get into cc on the first turn so I don't think it is going to be as good a Alpha Legion Nurgle Havocs.

Still, I love it! Keep churning out these ideas they will only help everyone in the community grow. 

I'd rather have a SupCom with Changling, Herald, and Daemon Prince, and a Vanguard of Exalted Champion and Possessed.

Though it will be silly to build an army around adding the changeling for now. His aura might only affect daemons from the daemon codex. I would wait until then. Also, possessed are going to be weird with this. It will only really help until they get into close combat, which is where they want to be. But there are ways to get into cc on the first turn so I don't think it is going to be as good a Alpha Legion Nurgle Havocs.

Still, I love it! Keep churning out these ideas they will only help everyone in the community grow. 

That -1 to hit from the Changeling is not just from shooting. -1 to hit, period. Works in CC. Quite nasty.

Right now, the Changeling's aura works on Possessed. Designer's Commentary states that it works because Faction Keywords and regular Keywords become the same once play starts. It specifically uses the example of a Khorne Herald buffing Khorne Possessed. After they went to all that trouble to spell it out, I doubt they'll change it in the Daemon Codex.

That -1 to hit from the Changeling is not just from shooting. -1 to hit, period. Works in CC. Quite nasty.

Right now, the Changeling's aura works on Possessed. Designer's Commentary states that it works because Faction Keywords and regular Keywords become the same once play starts. It specifically uses the example of a Khorne Herald buffing Khorne Possessed. After they went to all that trouble to spell it out, I doubt they'll change it in the Daemon Codex.

Yeah it works and shouldn't be bad at all.

Likewise having Obliterators near the Changeling should be pretty good. -2 to-hit, 2+ armor and decent damage output should be pretty annoying for the enemy. Especially for T'au since unless they get real close (which they should this edition anyway) they'd be hitting on 6+ with most of their weapons.