Lead Genestealer patriach throne

Something thats been sitting on my desk for a few months waiting to be worked on is this brute.

http://i.imgur.com/ALPqTJjl.jpg

I got my grubby little hands on the lead patriach but couldn't get the throne so figured I'd make my own. The throne itself is based on a Gieger chair design and I'm created the banners from scratch (still very much WIP) but I'm suffering from sculptors block with what to do with the rest of the scene. Most of the current models in the stealer range are a bit too dynamic to fit in here and I didn't want to go for the old cliche of dead bodies scattered around so I'm open to anyone chipping in with an idea of what else can go around him.

How about some slaves. Like the ones from that one DE kit (i drew a blank on which kit it was ) .

Interesting idea, I'm not sure which kit that is though. I did look at getting this set as I liked the idea of him surrounded by robed figures but the tentaces seemed a bit out of place for a stealer cult. 

How about some slaves. Like the ones from that one DE kit (i drew a blank on which kit it was ) .

Interesting idea, I'm not sure which kit that is though. I did look at getting this set as I liked the idea of him surrounded by robed figures but the tentaces seemed a bit out of place for a stealer cult. 

Found them .https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Dark-Eldar-Prisoners

Awesome. I don't think I've seen those before. They'd fit really well.

Looking great so far. Perhaps you could add something like this alien terrain set to suggest pillars and create a sense of claustrophobic subterranean menace?

Those would fit as well. Very similar to the throne but they're a lot bigger than the base. I'd have to measure the base but they're really cool anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought them :D

RTCDTVMl.jpg

I also picked up a necromancer and started to convert him. I'm thinking I'll sculpt a hood and also change the robes a bit. I don't like the curve of them at the end, they look like the Vulture from Spiderman. I'm also going to remove the skull from his hand carefully.

BqiVvChl.jpg

Awesome project. I love it a lot already. 

I'm picking up a Return of the Jedi vibe there, even before scrolling down far enough to appreciate your addition of slaves. Well done. I'd suggest you get some imperial personnel in static poses - Cadian box has a few parts, but other than that: regimental advisors and the likes - and use GS upgrade sprue parts of other GS/Tyranid bits for liberal head and limb swaps. As his retinue, standing behind and besides him. Like so: 

f05612934456054a627e5b0289133436.jpg

Edited by Brother Kortmer

Thanks, I was getting a bit of a Conan/Boris Vallejo vibe when I put the slaves on but I can see the Jabba thing as well now :)

I got the upgrade sprue and used it for a headswap for the Necromancer/Magus so have more than a few bits spare. Once I've sculpted the banners and got the Magus finished, I'll have to see if I still have the will to continue :p

Behind every Patriarch is a good Magus...