Is a Blood Angel Thunderhawk Gunship worth it?

Helias_Tancred

While a cool centrepiece, any single model that consumes such a significant proportion of the points value of the game tends to result in fewer choices for you and your opponent, in turn making for more skewed results and less fun.

Of course, that doesn't apply for scenario or narrative gaming – having a superheavy be the target of a raid, or spearheading an assault, is a cool concept and could be a lot of fun. :)

I just don't think that such a model is a good idea for 'regular' gaming.

Well it also looks good on the shelf. :)

I have alot of Superheavies and mostly they don´t see much action.

If you want to play him often and you have some buddies who like apokalypse size games then yes buy one.

If you think you would him field not that often. Think about if you need an beatiful paperweight for that money.

While a cool centrepiece, any single model that consumes such a significant proportion of the points value of the game tends to result in fewer choices for you and your opponent, in turn making for more skewed results and less fun.

Of course, that doesn't apply for scenario or narrative gaming – having a superheavy be the target of a raid, or spearheading an assault, is a cool concept and could be a lot of fun. :smile.:

I just don't think that such a model is a good idea for 'regular' gaming.

I tend to agree with you. Thanks for the thoughtful analysis.

for 2k to 2.5k a Thunderhawk would be a tad much.  Well outside of competitive tournament stuff anyway.  If you are willing to loose sportsmanship anyway.  Hard to transport too. 

If it is a centerpiece for a grand army then do it!  Do it now! . . .well if you have the cash to spare. 600$ us. whew