DA deathstar

Indefragable

Mastodon says can carry anything with dreadnought keyword. Leviathan has dreadnought keyword.

I wish it was worded like that. Unfortunately, FW wrote that rule incredibly poorly. "It may also transport up to two DREADNOUGHTS, IRONCLAD DREADNOUGHTS, VENERABLE DREADNOUGHTS, or CONTEMPTOR DREADNOUGHTS, each taking the space of 10 models." Because there is no mention of keyword, it can only carry models whose unit name matches the listed options. If it was talking keywords, everything past DREADNOUGHT would be redundant, as every variant of Dreadnought has the DREADNOUGHT keyword.

Yea. Forgeworld can't write rules. And until it's clarified I'm putting my dreadnought in a mastodon lol. I've run into no problems at tournaments so far.

Anyway won't matter since locally people are banning all forgeworld!

Yea. Forgeworld can't write rules. And until it's clarified I'm putting my dreadnought in a mastodon lol. I've run into no problems at tournaments so far.

Anyway won't matter since locally people are banning all forgeworld!

Banning FW? Why?

Not sure how it stacks up to the community definition of deathstar, but a RW speeder squadron is can be pretty brutal these days.

-Up to 5 speeders, means up to 30 wounds.

-No damage table, so they are just as effective till you knock that final wound off the damaged speeder.

-With Grav Upwash, they are moving 20 inches per turn until they lose that 18th wound.

-3+ save with the option of getting a 5++ means they are fairly survivable with their 6 wounds per speeder.

-With 5 speeders it is very easy to keep one in range of Sammie or Sableclaw for his aura.

-They fight like marines in CC, so charging a trash road block unit is another way to get more speed out of the unit.

Yes they did see a points increase this edition, but it is insignificant when compared to how survivable they are now.

Good perspective, ValorousHeart.

Here's what I came up with. Partially inspired by models available.

Hidden Content

Asmodai

Ezekiel

5x Deathwing Knights

Deathwing Ancient

Deathwing Champion

Land Raider Crusader

--Multi-Melta

All for 1099pts.

Though I am not entirely sold on Ezekiel.

32x S8 AP-2 D:3 Attacks, re-rollable 3+ To Hit, 2+/3++ 2W for defense. -1Ld to the enemy. And that's not even accounting for any of the characters or Sgt.

Beefy!