Where can I start my WIP project discussion?

Mileposter

This may be considered a 'silly question'. It may even be answered somewhere. If so, however, I did not find it.

I see we have a "Works In Progress" board. This seems self explanatory to me and there are many awesome things to be found on this board. However, I have also seen "Watch My Army Grow!" type WIP threads in the respective areas they are being built for (Such as a Raven Guard WIP being in the Raven Guard board).

I have such a thread I am about to begin, and I wish to make certain that I place these things in their proper bin. Is there some sort of guideline for which is proper when?

Well, if you want to place your thread in the WIP section, you are welcome to do so. If you'd rather have it be in the Raven Guard section (per your example), then that's okay, too. Further, you could create threads in both locations, and that would be just fine.

Place your WIP thread wherever you want! :smile.:

Edited by Brother Casman
Typos

This has been asked a few times in the Raven Guard subforum, so before he arrives I'll paraphrase the sage words of His Excellency Race Bannon...

Posting in the Raven Guard forum will get you attention from people enthusiastic about that particular breed of Space Marine.

On the other hand posting in WIP will mean your work gets looked at by a broader range of B&C users.

Both have their benefits and drawbacks. I've got mine in the WIP and one thing it's been helpful for is getting advice on improving my technique.

Place your WIP thread wherever you want! :smile.:

Official rules board here I come!

You make this particular choice and your most likely outcome is a quiet and hopefully temporary lock for being off topic and a quick word from myself about which more proper place you'd like me to move it to.