Primaris hellblasters

Madmonkeyman

Has anyone used the unit. They seem to be about the same cost as a lascannon dev squad. (165)

They are shorter range at only 30 inch but can rapid fire . Over charging ( asssuning some sort of rerolls isn't too risky) s8 ap-4 2d when overcharged. They can put out a lot of damage at short range. They also have double the wounds of the dev squad .

whilst I'm a blood angels player, I've been playing pure primaris since 8th ed.

Hellblasters are very very good.

However, they've got a much bigger target on their heads than a lot of other squads will have, so despite their increased survivability, they'll still die pretty quickly.

They absolutely need a source of rerolls, if you don't overcharge them, their damage output is okay, but nothing really to write home about, the damage of 1 means they wont do anything too meaningful, even vs 2 wound units, let alone vehicles.

So yes, you'll want a captain or other source of rerolls to hit nearby, and if you can manage it, a source of rerolls to wound isn't going to hurt either.

Not a DA player, but playd Primaris in 8th so far.

The hellblasters without overchargeing is okay.
The real hurt comes when you overcharge. But you will need to have a captain around for the rerolls of 1s. So far I hardly do not overcharge, and things die from the Hellblasters. But as Blindhamster says, they have a REALLY big target painted on thier back. They will be shot at. So another thing is having an ancient around for attacks should they die.

All in all, they are great, but need the prober support from characters to really shine.