Air cav tips

oldmanlee

FW units still use FW rules and stats until they FAQ them to use standard codex stats. Therefore the Vulture's rocket pods are still heavies. It does look pretty dang cool with 4 pods on it though.

Does FW do any sort of regular FAQ updates?

If Chapter Approved ressurects for Christmas we might get some sweeping game reform in there as well.

Does a Valk carry one or two hellstrike missiles? It doesn't specify on the entry, which would lead to believe RAW it's just one, but common sense/RAI would say it's two since that's what's modeled

One set of hellstrike missiles. The weapon is plural and it has one set which does one shot. It is weird, but i suppose both of the rockets hitting does the high damage.

I'd disagree that hellstrike missiles are one shot. It doesn't say in the profile for hellstrike missiles (either in the Valkyrie profile or in the back of the book) that they are one shot.

Look at the Manticore sky eagle rockets, deathstrike rockets and hunter killer missiles, they all clearly state in their profile each can only be fired once. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well took my air cav list to a local two day torney this past weekend came away with second place
This is the list I took. Had 5 wins but still came second (lots of soft scores ) but the list was super fun to use

Astra milltarum Regiment Cadian command points 7

Battalion detachment

Hq
Company commander, las pistol total 30pts
Company commander, las pistol (warlord trait grand strategist )
Heirloom of conquest Kurovs Aquila total 30pts

Elites
Company command squad 4 veterans, 4 melta guns, unit total 72pts
Officer of the fleet, las pistol, total 25pts
Special weapons squad 6 guardsmen, 3 las guns, 3 flamers, unit total 45pts
Special weapons squad 6 guardsmen, 3 las guns, 3 plasma guns, unit total 45pts
Special weapons squad 6 guardsmen, 3 las guns, 3 grenade launchers, unit total 39pts

Troops
Infantry squad 9 guardsman, 9las guns
Sergeant, las gun, unit total 40pts

Infantry squad 9 guardsman, 8 las guns, 1 plasma gun,
Sergeant, las gun, unit total 47pts

Infantry squad 9 guardsman, 8 las guns, 1 plasma gun,
Sergeant, las gun, unit total 47pts

Dedicated transport
Taurox, two autocannons, unit total 70pts
Taurox, two autocannons, unit total 70pts

Fast attack
3 scout sentinels, 3 missile launchers, unit total 165pts
Hellhound, inferno cannon, hull heavy flamer, unit total 110pts

Heavy support
Wyverns unit
Wyverns, heavy bolter, wyvern quad stormshard mortar, total 93pts
Wyverns, heavy bolter, wyvern quad stormshard mortar, total 93pts
Unit total 186pts

Air wing detachment
Vulture gunship squadron
Vulture gunship, heavy bolter, twin las cannon, two hellstrike missile,
Total 200pts
Vulture gunship, heavy bolter, twin punisher Gatling cannon, total 160pts
Vulture gunship, heavy bolter, twin punisher Gatling cannon, total 160pts
Squadron total 520pts

Valkyrie, multi laser, two multiple rocket pods, unit total 142pts

Valkyrie squadron
Valkyrie, multi laser, two heavy bolter, two multiple rocket pods, total 158pts
Valkyrie, multi laser, two heavy bolter, two multiple rocket pods, total 158pts
Squadron total 316pts

Army total 1999pts

Edited to meet board rules - Elmo

No excessive points values in army lists or discussions

This means that you may not post Army Builder print outs (or those from similar products) or fully detailed points/stats for your army lists. Keep it simple, such as "Chapter Master; Terminator armour, storm bolter, thunder hammer; 285 pts" or similar.

Edited by elmo
Excessive points values

Well took my air cav list to a local two day torney this past weekend came away with second place

This is the list I took. Had 5 wins but still came second (lots of soft scores ) but the list was super fun to use

Fast attack

3 scout sentinels 105pts 3 missile launchers 60pts unit total 165pts

Well done oldmanlee. Even if those weren’t crushing wins it in no way diminishes your achievement.

How did those missile launcher play out for you? It’s hard to break out of the LC/HB only mindset after so many years where those were The min/max options. With how terrible the multilaser is however I find myself suddenly opening up to alternatives for my dusty sentinels.

Fast attack

3 scout sentinels 105pts 3 missile launchers 60pts unit total 165pts

Well done oldmanlee. Even if those weren’t crushing wins it in no way diminishes your achievement.

How did those missile launcher play out for you? It’s hard to break out of the LC/HB only mindset after so many years where those were The min/max options. With how terrible the multilaser is however I find myself suddenly opening up to alternatives for my dusty sentinels.

They where the mvp of the list to tell you the truth everyone just ignored them they just sat on a flank firing missiles at stuff

The funny thing is I tabled 4 of my five opponents only got to the end f turn 2 in my minor win (but that's a long story )