Whatever happened to Marduk on Calth?

DogWelder

In the end of "Tallyman", Marduk the Dark Apostle and some of his fellow Word Bearers find themselves on Calth in Ultramarian space after escaping from Nurgle's Garden via warp rift. Does anyone know what happened to them afterwards?

In 'Dark Imperium' Calth seems to be fine so I assume they didn't summon demons to destroy the planet implying they escaped or were killed.  Since Ultramar had two invasions since they arrived (Ultramar Campaign and the Plague Wars), they could have simply left with the Chaos invaders who retreated in both cases. 

Still, I'd want Anthony Reynolds to do more with this since he also wrote "Tallyman". Marduk is a really great character and he seems to be the most well known Word Bearer in the 40k verse (aside from KP and Erebus).

Edited by DogWelder

Wrong on the author. Tallyman was written by Anthony Reynolds, not Guy Haley - Marduk is Reynolds' character, and I do not think anybody else has written about him. The answer is simply that Anthony Reynolds has not published anything else on Marduk since that short was released, and the setting has changed significantly in that time, so it's simply a mystery until (if) Reynolds returns to write about Marduk. There isn't much point in speculating as we don't know what he want(ed/s) to do with the character, and it seems incredibly unlikely that Haley will write about him.

As Reynolds is living and working in America now, at Riot with Graham McNeill, I would not hold my breath.

Edited by Marshal Loss

Wrong on the author. Tallyman was written by Anthony Reynolds, not Guy Haley - Marduk is Reynolds' character, and I do not think anybody else has written about him. The answer is simply that Anthony Reynolds has not published anything else on Marduk since that short was released, and the setting has changed significantly in that time, so it's simply a mystery until (if) Reynolds returns to write about Marduk. There isn't much point in speculating as we don't know what he want(ed/s) to do with the character, and it seems incredibly unlikely that Haley will write about him.

Ah yes, my mistake. Guy Haley wrote the other short in the story pack so I confused the authors.