WIP Deimos Predator

Syrakul

I'm converting a Rhino Chassis into a Deimos-Inspired Predator for my 30k-40k SoH/Black legion.

some pics so far:

Predator wip Sept4

Predator wip back sept4

I've got the sides magnetized, will do same for top, so that I can go Rhino/Predator, and Autocannon/2LC/Others, and HB/Lascannons

For the turret, I used a Gacha capsule as a mould for Tamiya puddy (cheap greenstuff equivalent) and it comes out to the same approx. Though Im only working with HH art pics and photos, never seen a real Deimos in the flesh.
I'm thinking of properly rebuilding the circular shields around the sponson weapons, to better mimic the Deimos. Just have to bend some plasticard.

I started this way back making the sides and top then got disillusioned making the turret. just returned a few days ago.

Deimos pred wip4 sept4

Deimos pred wip3 sept4

Here are some pics on the sponsons. The circular part the guns are on are also magnetized so they can turn and be taken off. I didnt plan to run a predator without sponsons weapons, so in that case I'll just remove the sides and put Rhino doors on as usual, Like the Rhino option.

The top will be removeable and I can just magnetically swap it and the sponsons for the usual rhino doors to run as a Rhino.

Edited by Syrakul

Deimos Predator Wip sept7

I filled out the space under the turret hatch with this plumbers pipe clay. smells like tuna, 2 part like GS and dries in an hour to a rock like (but sandable and sliceable) hard GS.
The turret lascannons were a bit of a botch job, I have added a spacer under the weapon to give more clearance to weapons, but i cant rotate over the oversized grating on the rear. I suspect the real Deimos cant either, anyways.
I will make an Autocannon version in the future with plastic pipe.
To do still:
Orange: change sponson guards to resemble correct ones using bent plasticard
Red: find or make small shielded cameras for gun targetters.
Purple: bore a hole and place a pipe with some circle valve bit in the hole, then shave down flush with sphere.
Blue: build a back compartment for the turret. Most likely using the half-circle predator compartment and some other boxes, like IG lascannon team batteries, or fabricated with GS and PC.
Green: build small sensor boxes on both sides.

I will use the smaller razorback dozerblade, with a rack of skulls for the front. Edited by Syrakul

• 2 weeks later...

Pred sept15

Pred sept15 turret pad

Pred sept15 turret section

Bit of work. Did the little circle bit, using some plastic pipe and vox grill from IG radio backpack, then just carve the pipe flush with sphere. Im using magnets to keep on the turret and the turret platform. Its nice that magnets are hidden for the turret rotaion, popping it off or rotating is hasslefree!

Project is waiting on progress of my new Spartan! Going to use the Spartan sponson shields and targetters to GS mould parts for this pred.

Then Ill need to add boxes at back of turret, Some SoH brass etch and should be good! Edited by Syrakul