Predator - which turret

Seahawk

I'm finding myself not sure which predator turret fits best for Chaos. The twin las is strong sure, but so too is the autocannon, with a potential 18 damage (compared to the las's 12). Which does a chaos army need more? The cutting AP of the lascannon, or the sheer damage output of the autocannon?

Depends on what you are hunting with it.

Lascannons can be brought by a lot of other Chaos units, some of which benefit from chapter tactics, such as Hellbrutes, and Havoks, or which have other advantages such as the Xiphon Interceptor.

The Autocannon has guaranteed damage of 3 which makes it a lot more reliable for killing Primaris marines and Terminators. While a Lascannon has higher average damage than the autocannon, it will statistically do worse 1/3 of the time, and equal 1/6 of the time.

I too will bring three predators, all with lascannon sponsons. Since the turret mount is one point different it's really just a case of overall, which gun is better for hunting MC and vehicles (rest of the army has infantry covered). I'd normally default to lascannons, but I've been way more impressed with the autocannons performance.