Fate of Konor winnings

ChapelXIII

Mostly posting to brag, but I took home the 1st in the Fate of Konor series in my local club and got the Total Victory laurel as well as some cool markers, dice bag, and bracelet thing. (They also gave out all the special strategies because I think they had extra.) Any other sons of Sanguinius fair well during the campaign?

Only played one game in the campaign, and it was against Index Death Guard. Lost spectacularly and was tabled by turn three. Killed like 5 chaos spawns and some pox walkers and that was about it. It was my first game of 8th edition I might add and I made a lot of stupid mistakes. A Chaos Decimator with two Soulburner Petards who was eating a squad per turn didn't make things better either... a bit salty about that one...

It was the first week of the campaign. It was a nice scenario otherwise, but my Eversor Assassin didn't do much at all since he couldn't appear on the table anywhere he liked. 

Yeah the general consensus is that they were harder for non imperial armies and that they often times heavily favored one side over the other. I think in the end it was a narrative campaign and not meant to be hyper competitive. Still had fun and meet new people.

I played with my Tyranids and won major victories in every game. I crushed White scars with codex and Grey Knights with allied Imperial Knight and Assassins. I felt like I had a strong army against the field and the missions.

BA have too much work and I don't feel confident in any lists I've built that I actually have the models for. It always ends up with the same models and looking across the field against Guilliman, Magnus, and now Mortarion. None of which does my BA any favors. (Neither does playing hordes of bugs with negative modifiers but I digress)

I'm with Morticon & others that BA are one of the weaker armies out right now. I don't mean offense, but the guys who are excelling at BA aren't pure BA but hybrid lists with allies.

"BAINO" lists (Blood Angels in Name Only) don't interest me.

Congrats to anyone that succeeded with BA though. There is zero presence of BA in my meta. And since the Nerd Drama and breaking of the community games will be harder to come by unfortunately.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

My BA (pure no allies) did quite well.  Mephiston and Tycho rode around in a storm raven and killed stuff.  Got stuffed by an Imperial Fist cammo cloak aura in one game where i should have just flown off the board. I hate move off the board win conditions.  Boring to play and usually a forgone conclusion.  We had a Custodes army that did hilariously well as well.  Dumb scenarios aside it was a blast!

All that being said fielding Blood Angels right now is putting yourself at a distinct disadvantage.  Literally any other strain of power armor (puppies aside) have clear advantages. My first name is actually Tycho so I am kinda stuck with my emo hipster vampire marines but I loan out my models to my buddy to field Sanguine Dragons (salamanders).  Fingers crossed for the codex!

Mostly posting to brag, but I took home the 1st in the Fate of Konor series in my local club and got the Total Victory laurel as well as some cool markers, dice bag, and bracelet thing. (They also gave out all the special strategies because I think they had extra.) Any other sons of Sanguinius fair well during the campaign?

Congratulations :)