Shadow War Armageddon help

abovdameta

Hello All,

I would just like to ask some clarification on some SWA rules if possible. If this is not the place to post this I apologize and please let me know so I may post it in the right place.

How much weapons can a single unit trooper have on them and he use them all during the appropriate phase? Example. Can a trooper have a pistol and a sniper rifle at the same time and fire both in the shooting phase? 

Can units that are pinned  fire their range weapons, do other things(like use marker lights), and other abilities?

Thank you for your kind assistance on the matter, stay unwavering.

-Abovdameta

Anyone able to clarify?

Sure, but you know that sometimes people go traveling on weekends. I've naturally left my books at home, so I might cross reference with those later. In the mean time, given that the rules were consistently cribbed from the prior edition of Necromunda and a substantial reimplementation of the old second edition rules I'll speculate based on recollections of that.

... If this is not the place to post this I apologize and please let me know so I may post it in the right place. ...

Like many subjects on the B&C, there's more than one correct place to raise a topic depending on which fraction of the community you wish to engage. The OR is an acceptable place for this. Other Games would have been too.

How much weapons can a single unit trooper have on them and he use them all during the appropriate phase? Example. Can a trooper have a pistol and a sniper rifle at the same time and fire both in the shooting phase?

Normally one. The rules text generally uses singular language with regards to models choosing a weapon to fire in the shooting phase. There are some special abilities that allow models to bypass this restriction if they match certain other qualifications. In the absence of special abilities, the trooper with the sniper rifle and the pistol would have to choose between them each turn.

Can units that are pinned  fire their range weapons, do other things(like use marker lights), and other abilities?

Generally no. Narratively the rules tend to reflect whether the model is actively doing the thing, in which case it's barred, or the effect is there passively by the models presence, in which case it's allowed. Active things, like shooting and marker light use, are normally barred when pinned.

The answer to the first part is on page 30 of the Shadow War rulebook. It's outlined quite clearly at the start of the Shooting section.

The second question on pinning is clearly outlined on page 35, under the Pinned Fighters section.

Edited by Dam13n