Chaos Spawn Substitutes

SyNidus

Does anyone have a chaos spawn substitute that they would use in place of the usual chaos spawn?

One idea i like is using fenrisian wolves, but before committing i'd like to explore other possibilities. Would love to hear what you guys think

Plague Orgyns mostky since I like having a spawn or two with each horde of poxwalkers acting as heavy hitters once the zombies bog down something so Plague Orgyns add to the zombie feel acting like a zombie brute from Resident evil Edited by Plaguecaster

Those are pretty cool ideas.

I'm working on my Night Lords at the moment, and whilst i'd rather keep them puritanical, i don't mind throwing in a bit of chaos.

I'd like it to work with the theme so there are a couple of ways i can go about this:

1) Hound Master NL - Chaos Lord was a hound master in the legion, using his dogs to run down his opponents and fight alongside his forces. For this, i'd go with the Fenrisian wolves suitably painted black with reddish fur and blood red eyes.

2) Haunted NL - He is haunted by the ghosts of his fallen brothers. It doesn't sadden him or drive him to revenge their deaths. He is angered by the fact that even in death they just won't leave him the bloody hell alone. This is much the same for his living men who see his victories as marks of power/genius, driving them to follow him further, when in actuality he has just consistently failed to kill them.

I'll use the Spirit Hosts for these. They have the added bonus of being relatively easy to paint up.

3) Purity NL - He is so averse to Chaos that he uses the chaos spawn (failed champions) as lessons for his warband about the dangers of enslaving themselves to the warp entities.

I'll use the normal chaos spawn models.

Those are pretty cool ideas.

I'm working on my Night Lords at the moment, and whilst i'd rather keep them puritanical, i don't mind throwing in a bit of chaos.

I'd like it to work with the theme so there are a couple of ways i can go about this:

1) Hound Master NL - Chaos Lord was a hound master in the legion, using his dogs to run down his opponents and fight alongside his forces. For this, i'd go with the Fenrisian wolves suitably painted black with reddish fur and blood red eyes.

2) Haunted NL - He is haunted by the ghosts of his fallen brothers. It doesn't sadden him or drive him to revenge their deaths. He is angered by the fact that even in death they just won't leave him the bloody hell alone. This is much the same for his living men who see his victories as marks of power/genius, driving them to follow him further, when in actuality he has just consistently failed to kill them.

I'll use the Spirit Hosts for these. They have the added bonus of being relatively easy to paint up.

3) Purity NL - He is so averse to Chaos that he uses the chaos spawn (failed champions) as lessons for his warband about the dangers of enslaving themselves to the warp entities.

I'll use the normal chaos spawn models

I love number two man it's great haha

In my own night lords warband we have a Raptor cult called the Terrorspawn that use Chaos spawn purchased from other warbands as a first wave of terror. 

They would generally drop the chaos spawn into the streets of a city to cause havoc before joining the slaughter. 

I used 3 vampire counts models from fantasy/sigmar. I forget what they are called. Morgheists? The uber ghouls. They come in a box for Sigmar that lets you make them with or without wings, I made them without. There are pics in my thread on the Renegade and Heretics forum.

Does anyone think he glotkin would be a suitable model for a giant spawn?

Probably too big, your looking for things around maulerfiend size.

Aasafeer (sp) has some killer thousand sons spawn, page 4 of this thread.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/289273-thousand-sons-those-once-loyal-contemptor-dread-wip/page-4

Edited by 1000 sons

I created a Discord (from Anthony Reynolds' word bearers trilogy) to use as a spawn, basically bits of a fantasy Chaos knight horse chopped up and put back together as a big speaker held up on a set of mauler fiend lasher tendrils and guitar strings to make it look like it's floating.

Does anyone have a chaos spawn substitute that they would use in place of the usual chaos spawn?

One idea i like is using fenrisian wolves, but before committing i'd like to explore other possibilities. Would love to hear what you guys think

I use an assortment of models, three of which are cobbled together from other kits, but the two I like the most are the Daemonhunter Daemonhost models, the metal ones, which I basically surgically cut and shaved to remove Inquisitorial symbols and make them look like newly unbound Daemonhosts.