Corpsemaker warband...Plaguecaster Conversion

Theduke08

Like everyone else, Nurgles rot has made its way to my heart and has drawn me to start a new warband.  Im in the very early stages of putting together what I want to paint up.  Ive only made it partway through my first test fig.

image1

Im not quite sure what color to paint the teeth and bone elements.

Edited by Theduke08

Wow, this is so cool. I literally just received the paints I ordered to do the same thing. Good to have you go ahead, the model looks great and very similar to what I'm hoping to achieve. Lovely tone of sickly yellow you hit there. 

I'll go for a very light base, ash-grey to -white. Alternatively, very dark black and brown tones will contrast well with the actual model too.

I suppose another, rather extreme idea could be to try mirror the subtle verdigris effect you applied to the copper trims. Could try a metal floor base with random blue and turquoise tones from thick verdigris, which would contrast well too.  

Much appreciated!  Im trying to pace myself so I dont get burnt out painting the same figs.  The nice thing about all of the Death guard figs is they are very unique.  Its going to take a long time before I have to paint the same model.

• 2 weeks later...