Yesterday I found a unicorn...

Guardsman Bob

A buddy needed a ride to the airport so on the way back I hit up The Bookery in Dayton for the first time since the Bush administration. Low and behold...

http://home.earthlink.net/~rigmarole_bob/_images/IMG_1784.jpg

eBay has been barren. Another buddy couldn't even find any of these at Gecncon. Part of me wonder's if 6th & 7th editions sanitized the game of IG/AM players enough that stores cut back or stopped stocking.

Regardless one day later I'm still feeling thrilled about the find.

Edited by Guardsman Bob

I talked to the stocker where I was getting my GW, stuff and he said that GW, had cut back on units going to the 3rd party stores . I asked why and he said GW,was opening new stores ,and low and behold I looked up GW,stores in my area ,and saw the new ,Warhammer store. We now have 2, near by,and one just celebrated it"s reopening as another celebrates it's birthday. You might hAVE ONE OPENING NEAR YOU VERY SOON. didn't mean to yell.

I was actually going to get either a Basilisk or Manticore myself, are they now hard to find? I see they're both "temporarily out of stock online" on the GW UK site... Is that actually temporarily?

I guess there's always Forgeworld for their trio of sweet sweet Basilisks!

Edited by NatBrannigan

Well, the issue is that they seem to be *really* popular atm, so whenever the GW store gets some stock, it gets sold out again in hours... And if theres any stock remaining at a store, then its from before they went direct-only.

Hey! The Bookery, that's my store! I used to be games manager there back in the 90's. Ha!

Small world.

Edit: In fact I played my IG there this past Sunday (after hours) and used my Manticore.

Edited by Cap'm Heckus

Ah, The Bookery.  I haven't played 40k in over fifteen years, but I've always enjoyed the lore so I kept up on that front.  Walking in that store a few weeks back made me realize that I was ready to get back into the hobby.  Reading the rules, 8th seems to have cured why I walked away.  Going to spend the winter repainting my old army, and then if I'm feeling brave might head in to see if I can find a game.  Friendly little store.

Welcome back to the hobby Waffles!

8th is definitely a great edition to get back into the hobby! Rules have been streamlined, but the tactics and strategies are as in depth as ever.

Not to mention Guard are in a really good spot right now too! :D

Looking forward to seeing what youre working on! Maybe some before and after shots of your old army your working on?

I wish I'd done that before I dunked all my old Mordians in dettol.