Search for the dark Relic (Red Corsairs)

steamius

So this is the first time I am trying to write a narrative based of the games I had. And English is not my first language, so I might make some mistakes here and there.

It all started some time ago. The search for the one Relic that can help us achieve our goal.  But all the effort was in vain. We searched for it for to long, and still no result!

And now this.... 

Red corsairs along side Huron Black Hearth has landed on a devastated planet in order to find something very important to their goal.

The sorcerer of the fleet has felt massive energy waves from this point. And also the power of Nurgle.

Huron decided to personally lead the force, in order to achieve his goal. But when the force came to the point, from where the energy was coming from, he encountered a bad surprise.... Typhus.

R8F0HZK.jpg

CgZ52He.jpg

The air was filed with stench on rotting flesh. The skies field with flies. The planet was gone. Now it belonged to Nurgle. But why is Typhus here? Could it be that he is also after the Relic? Or was he the source of psychic waves? Or where the waves coming from that thing?!

7JPPGWc.jpg

There was no time to think. Because the forces of plague started moving toward the Red Corsairs lines. Huron saw how Typhus casted some kind of psychic powers on the abominations, that are called Pox Walkers, that where near him. And the next thing that he saw was an direct hit in to one of his rhinos behind the enemy lines. Typhus has a Predator tank with Lass cannons. Things are looking bad....

He ordered to concentrate fire at the massive blob, that surrounds Typhus. While his squad of Bikers with meltas, and the Heldrake should move as fast as they can and try and take out the Predator.

LNiXb9u.jpg

qr4L4C2.jpg

The shooting toward Pox Walkers dident bring any result. They had some kind of power casted on them. And the force was getting closer with every minute.

gljY3Rx.jpg

ef9mgKu.jpg

Typhus had the upper hand in this fight. He got the first shoot at the rhino, which was very damaged now. And one lass cannon shot killed a biker from Hurons army.

Fortunately Huron had a surprise for Typhus. A Daemon Prince, loyal  to the Red Corsairs, and one Hellbrute along side with couple of spawns, where hiding from the line of sight of the enemy. And Huron was hoping that he can catch the enemy by surprise.

When the time came. Huron gave the command to counter attack. 

HGIpK4C.jpg

AInE0CL.jpg

Hellbrute tried to shoot at the Plague Hulk. But the power of nurgle is to strong. The beast just doesent fill a thing and continues moving forward. The bikers managed to kill some of the Pox Walkers, in attempt to open Typhus for open fire and Assault. But there was just to many. As last attempt, the first line of Corsairs, charged in to the Walkers. But what they did not expect was Typhus charging in him self.

Typhus, single handed, killed all the opposing units. He used some kind of blessing of Nurgle. Which obliterated his enemies in combat. The sight was horrid. He lost his unit of Pox Walkers, but he won the combat. While laughing in joy, he dident notice that he swiftly was surrounded by the enemy.

Bc1ukBX.jpg

On the other side of the field, Heldrake was flaming the other unit of Pox Walkers, opening the way for the Melta Biker squad.

Then he flew in to the Plague Hulk, grabbing the daemon with his claws in a attempt to stop him.

YxF1MgU.jpg

Ke0C7sQ.jpg

Huron Had his own share of trouble. An ambush on him. While his forces where fighting, he got exposed. And a unit of Death Guard managed to sneak behind him.

cRLs4xT.jpg

The Death Guard charged in to him. But a near by unit of Corsairs took the charge them selves. Preventing the dammed worshipers to harm their Lord. In the fight, the corsairs where ultimately killed, leaving only the champion alive. Huron went to the enemy, casted a psychic power, and killed every single one of them except two marines. He came closer to the two, and swan his axe to their heads. Killing them both. 

And then he heard it. The scream of the Daemon Prince as he vanished. An almost dead Typhus killed his enemies in combat. And was looking towards the surrounded Huron.  He had no where to go, so he prepared for battle. And then the haldrake came in behind Typhus. Looking down at him. When the champion of Nurgle raised his head, he saw only flames. The flames cleared the path to Huron to escape. 

The last thing that Huron saw, was the body of Typhus lying on the ground and burning.

N4r9wA4.jpg

This isn't awesome! Painted armies, narrative, and a game! You are off to something great here!

Thank you ^^)

I have a video battle report of this game. But, re watching all the pictures that we made, it made me want to try something new, and write a story.

I think I will continue doing this along side the reports.

Really isn't important. Put whatever you want on walls. In a tournament it would be a different story, but this looks like a narrative game.

I just visited another country. And we decided to film a battle report. Then started taking some pictures, and when I saw the pictures, I thought "Why not try and write a narrative?"

it is legal to put models on top of walls in 8th ed? Asking because I do not know it myself.

Do you mean the plague hulk? We jest went with it, for thematic purposes.

ok. It is a very nice model, can't argue with that.

Really isn't important. Put whatever you want on walls. In a tournament it would be a different story, but this looks like a narrative game.

nah, doesn't bother me. asking because GW is puting faq in strange and different places, and you can never sure if the rule book is still the thing you should use for rule A or B.

Greetings from the black handed friends here in Germany. Great narrative and great Minis...you did a great job. Hail to Huron and his black heart.

My last 75PL battle against wolves is just a couple days ago..it was a stunning victory thanks to Huron's determination to reach all objectives.

3x8 Khornies helped a lot and the unit of the day was a predator. 2 lsrge blobs of 20 cultists each occupied objectives and even managed to kill 2 termies and a wulfen...lucky...but hey...joho joho..lucky skull&bones were with us this day..:-))

So yes..Red Corsairs can bring a lot of fun in 8.Edition...

Greetings from the black handed friends here in Germany. Great narrative and great Minis...you did a great job. Hail to Huron and his black heart.

My last 75PL battle against wolves is just a couple days ago..it was a stunning victory thanks to Huron's determination to reach all objectives.

3x8 Khornies helped a lot and the unit of the day was a predator. 2 lsrge blobs of 20 cultists each occupied objectives and even managed to kill 2 termies and a wulfen...lucky...but hey...joho joho..lucky skull&bones were with us this day..:-))

So yes..Red Corsairs can bring a lot of fun in 8.Edition...

Thank you my fellow corsair.

I had a game yesterday with them, versus deathwatch. Total domination from the corsairs. Sadly couldent write an narrative because my maulerfiends where not painted xD

This was awesome to watch as it unfolded. Thank you for sharing this report with us (we all love some.Chaos vs Chaos action). I hope you post up more in the future and may your dice rolls be blessed by the Dark Gods themselves.

This was awesome to watch as it unfolded. Thank you for sharing this report with us (we all love some.Chaos vs Chaos action). I hope you post up more in the future and may your dice rolls be blessed by the Dark Gods themselves.

Thanks you ^^) More to come for sure! But only when we have fully painted armies and terrain ^^D

PART 2

After the disaster, that was the encounter with Typhus and his army. Huron managed to escape to his air craft, only to find out that his sorcerer was mistaken about the relics location.

Infuriated, Huron was ready to burn that fool on the spot. But the sorcerer had good news, that had evidence. The actual location of the relic is on a near by planet. A planet that is well known to Huron. He had an encounter with Imperium forces there. The fight was brutal, but in that fight, the Red Corsairs managed to get the Intel that they needed and retreat. 

YVoCIMP.jpg

DCyYAUM.jpg

As the sorcerer explained. The planets factory, had an massive explosion. The Imperium forces where ordered to abandon their location. The explosions where getting out of hand, and getting bigger and bigger, releasing toxic waist to the air. This waist reacted with the  Relics  energy waves, and those waves cause falls ones, that where sent to other planets. But this time there is no mistake. The Relic is located here! And another presence as well.

Y5Bo2Q5.jpg

Huron gathered a force, and went to the planet to take what is his. Hi heard about this Xeno cult before. The followers of the Falls Khaine. A force to be aware of. But failure is not an option. By arriving to the spot, they where shot by the enemy scouts, that where hiding in the deep jungle.

IlgvYxi.jpg

Huron and his forces needed cover. And the factory was covered with steam, that could grand them some cover. As he ordered his forces to move, a Daemon Prince appeared before him. Huron immediately recognized him. 

If you fail again, nothing will save you from my wrath. 

And so they started the attack.

R5cXwYc.jpg

O5bs62s.jpg

Heldrake located the enemy scouts very fast. And started burning them at once, without a chance of any escape. 

AkCqqtD.jpg

After the fire settled, only one surviving scout remained. Heldrake flew towards the enemy. Grabbed him in his claws, and ripped the scout in two pieces. Dropping one of the half in front the enemy line while flying over them.

IMa9mqh.jpg

LeNMKEO.jpg

aV8g6es.jpg

While that encounter was happening. Eldar sent an flanking squad behind Huron lines. But what they did not expect was a chaos spawn. Huron got fooled by Typhus already, and was open for a rear attack. He will not make that mistake twice.

hPp6Vdd.jpg

Both sided where trying to shoot at each other, but in vain. The steam was so thick, that it was hard to see. But one think was very visible. It was the Relic, and Huron went straight for it.

Ld2QMSJ.jpg

As he got near his goal. A massive explosion struck not far away from his Rhino. The enemy had some fire power hidden behind the hills. And it dident need any line of sight. 

FMHooM1.jpg

As the useless shooting continued, two forces finally met face to face. The crazed look on the eldar faces. And those cult like symbols on there armor and vehicles. All of that could strike fear to any other enemy. But not the Corsairs.

XCyUwYJ.jpg

t1oGdRi.jpg

When the chance came. Flamer squad of bikers started flaming the enemy jet bikes. Managing to kill one on the spot. And while he was burning, they immediately charged in to them, and slaughtered the entire squad.

ju2N3y3.jpg

At the same time, the melta biker squad missed all there shots at the Wraith Lord, and also charged in to him in order to prevent any shooting that can come from that thing.

FfUIjVl.jpg

While the Red Corsairs where Attacking. Eldar also tried to counter attack. Their Swooping Hawks dropped in in front of Heldrake, trying to shoot him. And the Fanatical Farseer shot at one biker, with its Eldar powers, killing him on the spot.

g2MUivA.jpg

k4EmsrC.jpg

To continue the pressure, and denying the Eldat any chance on getting close to the Relic. Huron commanded his unit to disembark and assist the bikers who where engaged in combat. While the second squad should rush forward and grab the Relic with the help of the sorcerer.

lIXH60S.jpg

Everything went quick in the next couple of minutes. Heldrake ignored the Swooping Hawks and flew directly towards the enemy. And raining fire on them. And assaulting after wards.

0rdQ1l4.jpg

CZ2DrzK.jpg

Meanwhile Wraith Guard using their own flamers to kill of the bikers on top of the landing pad.

O9jJu7d.jpg

Fire was every where and the temperature was rising with every second.

The half dead spawn was still holding the Jet bikes is his claws. And managing to kill one of them. 

Ij1F0ch.jpg

The battle field was in chaos. Fire spreading every where. No visible targets to shoot. Swords, power sword, power fist and all other close combat weapons was heard every where. The Red Corsairs where pushing forward. And then in happened. The enemy warlord unleashed a power that every one felt. A massive power that can rival the one of Eldrad.

He was about to use it. But was stopped by the Daemon Prince. Hi flew in, and grabbed the Psyker with his talons, tossed him on the ground and was ready to finish him of, but was pushed back by an energy wave from the enemy.

l656b4N.jpg

Daemon prince dident want to give his prey any time to use that power, so he continued pressuring him.

ElwtRLc.jpg

Huron was closing in, and wanting to join the Daemon Prince and help him slay the enemy Warlord. He felt the immense power coming from that Eldar, and wanted to get his head as a trophie. As he was closing in, he was ambushed by swooping hawks. They flew over the melta biker squad, that just killed of an Wraith Lord, and dropped a bomb on them getting one with the explosion. And then shooting Huron him self.

LQ8NPwx.jpg

Hurons armor saved him from every single shot. And in return he burnt the entire squad, expect their leader, which he cut down with his ax in combat.

While Huron was busy. Eldar biker managed to kill of the spawn and headed toward the enemy lines. But was surprised by the sorcerer and killed of by his magic.

Smzb3Fw.jpg

Huron saw that Daemon Prince is still fighting that Eldar, and once again went toward him. But was stopped by a Night Spinner that came out of no where and shot him in the back.

Oz5U1Eh.jpg

Huron dident feel a thing. He turned around to face the tank. Suddenly, his Heldrake landed on the pad next to him. Huron stretched forward his right hand, and together with Heldrake unleashed a massive flame.

GI6ISWn.jpg

WFhN5Ep.jpg

The Night Spinner was completely destroyed. He once again turned toward the Daemon Prince, only to see him standing alone. He managed to defeat his enemy. But by the end, the Farseer intervened, grabbed her master and  escaped in to an opened portal.

Red Corsairs casualties where minimal. While the cult lost every single unit, only leaving the Leaders who managed to escape. But what most important, is that Huron got his Relic.

But the question still remains. Why where Eldar after it? And where they responsible in the bases explosion in the first place?

Another fantastic battle report! Loved reading the accompanying script with all the pictures!

Also...

This isn't awesome! Painted armies, narrative, and a game! You are off to something great here!

Thank you ^^)

I have a video battle report of this game. But, re watching all the pictures that we made, it made me want to try something new, and write a story.

I was going over your posts and saw this one I wrote, I meant "this is awesome" but for some dumb reason I wrote what you see above. My apologies about that!

Amazing minis on both sides and great looking terrain! Love the narrative battle reports, keep it up!

Thank you ^^)

Another fantastic battle report! Loved reading the accompanying script with all the pictures!

Also...

Thank you ^^)

I was going over your posts and saw this one I wrote, I meant "this is awesome" but for some dumb reason I wrote what you see above. My apologies about that!

Dont worry xD I understood what you meant ^^D