SW1 does GS Cult.

SW1

So my brother has decided that he wants me to help him paint up his GSC models.

They were badly assembled by him so I've cleaned them up as well as I can. The plan is to work out a quick and easy paint scheme he can replicate. First off everything is getting sprayed with grey car primer and then drybrushed white.

I managed to get him to do 3 before I ended up doing the rest ...

gallery_25187_13765_359368.jpg

gallery_25187_13765_311556.jpg

gallery_25187_13765_687410.jpg

gallery_25187_13765_522731.jpg

gallery_25187_13765_111948.jpg

The plan is to use washes so he doesn't have to worry about layering and highlights. But I can see he's likely to start the odd model and then leave it to me. So quick simple paint job it will be.

So my brother has decided that he wants me to help him paint up his GSC models.

I managed to get him to do 3 before I ended up doing the rest ...

The plan is to use washes so he doesn't have to worry about layering and highlights. But I can see he's likely to start the odd model and then leave it to me. So quick simple paint job it will be.

This sounds like me trying to get my brother into the game. "You want to build and paint my army for me?"

kOv5uLQ.gif

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

• 1 month later...

So the plan was to use washes to do the bulk of these models. Yesterday saw that plan scuppered a bit as my brother coated all the models in purple wash rather than just the flesh bits. We then decided to try doing a bit of a wash on the carapace bit but had to ditched the idea quickly as I ended up having to stop a repeat of the previous wash. So we tried a bone carapace for the GS's by going brown then over brush dark cream and then bone. He didn't like the look so black with a jade edge highlight was tried. At this point I was knackered and seemed to be the paint monkey with the paint quality dropping as layer upon layer was going on. So a final back to black we went then red over the top for the carapace. I put a bit more effort in making the claws/nails/teeth look neat and tidy which helped make it look neater than it actually is.

I can see this army getting the fast and dirty paint treatment. Pics will follow Tuesday as I'm working all weekend.