DIY Knight decals

Tiger9gamer

quick question I wanted to ask before I start trying to make my own...

what are the dimensions the decals on an imp knight's armor plates? I am looking to photoshop my own  out of mathmatical symbols and the first hurdles are knowing how big they should be before I work on them. I'm talking shield, leg greeves, shoulder pads and maybe something on the carapace. this is the last steps for my knight and I want to finish it up this year. 

I can provide you with my Knight template. Covers most Imperial, Questoris, and Acastus Cerastus chassis. You want Illustrator, PDF, or format?

EDIT: Okay, keep your eyes on the Downloads section. Loaded my templates (PDF and JPG formats), and awaiting Mod approval.

Edited by Carlson793

I can provide you with my Knight template. Covers most Imperial, Questoris, and Acastus Cerastus chassis. You want Illustrator, PDF, or format?

EDIT: Okay, keep your eyes on the Downloads section. Loaded my templates (PDF and JPG formats), and awaiting Mod approval.

that would be awesome! I think maybe illustrator would be good to start off with, and I may pm you if I need another format if that's fine (in school ATM so cannot really grab it)

that would be awesome! I think maybe illustrator would be good to start off with, and I may pm you if I need another format if that's fine (in school ATM so cannot really grab it)

The PDF I uploaded was created in Illustrator 5, so should open up in Illustrator as if it were an AI or EPS file. 

And speaking of...

Edited by Carlson793

sweet, thank you! quick question about the shoulders though: what part do I use? 

<snerk> Ya know, I never though to do standard Imperial shoulders. I probably figured the area was large enough that it'd be easy enough to spot measure logos for that.

sweet, thank you! quick question about the shoulders though: what part do I use? 

<snerk> Ya know, I never though to do standard Imperial shoulders. I probably figured the area was large enough that it'd be easy enough to spot measure logos for that.

well i'm really bad at eyeballing it personally, so umm, should I use the questoralis knight's shoulders?

well i'm really bad at eyeballing it personally, so umm, should I use the questoralis knight's shoulders?

There are two sets of shoulder borders in the Imperial Knight area (one in gold, the other red-and-gold). That's the bottom edge of a shoulder pad. If you took three of those and formed a triangle with them, you'd have a rough approximation of the shoulder pad area.

There are two sets of shoulder borders in the Imperial Knight area (one in gold, the other red-and-gold). That's the bottom edge of a shoulder pad. If you took three of those and formed a triangle with them, you'd have a rough approximation of the shoulder pad area.

alright, fair enough! I will use that then!