Suggestions on arming a Warhound?

templargdt

Hey guys, for the longest time I've thought about buying a Warhound.  With the start of getting serious about my Admech army, I'm getting more serious to have it be the centerpiece of the army.  What is the suggested weapons loadout for a Warhound?  Plasma Blastgun, Megabolter, and Turbolaser are your options, what do people suggest?  I was thinking at least one Turbolaser for fighting other superheavies, maybe TL/PBG? 

I'm the sorta guy who'd buy multiple arms for the following setups:

• Im playing full tryhard vs a friend or opponent doing similar: Dual Turbo Lasers.
  • Im in an Apoc Game where theres going to be a mishmash of everything: Turbo & Plasma
  • Im in a friendly game with an opponent who isn't as tryhard as I am or has no superheavies: vulcan and flamer.

But yes, the TL&PBG is the "common" build most go for that gets good results without being 2 Turbo Lasers; esp back in 7th when it was 2 S:D Large blasts per gun.

Its 2d6 S8 Ap -3 D3 shots at 72". far from mediocre especially since, being a macro weapon, it doubles any damage it deals to titanic keyword stuff.

Whereas the Vulcan is just 20 S6 Ap-3 D2 shots. 

If you do want anti-infantry, take the flamer. 4D6 S7 shots that autohit mean that even if its getting piledriven into the dirt by your enemy you can still roast dudes.

edit: VS dont work vs Plasma Overcharge :x

Edited by Slips

Its 2d6 S8 Ap -3 D3 shots at 72". far from mediocre especially since, being a macro weapon, it doubles any damage it deals to titanic keyword stuff.

Whereas the Vulcan is just 20 S6 Ap-3 D2 shots. 

"just" :D. Run the numbers; the vulcan does more wounds to non-titanic T8 than the uncharged PBG. If you care about enemy titans that much, take twin lasers and be done with it :)

The best possible option, unless you're facing other titans, is the dual flamer setup (its also cool as heck.)

Seriously, do the math, its bonkers good. Plus, you can overwatch with it (bonkers) while shooting even if you're in melee (extra bonkers.) Its the only setup that will statistically kill Mortarion in one salve, on average. I'm seriously considering getting one, just to spite people.

Personal experience the plasma blastgun feels like the worst gun of the group, as the pure randomness of it makes it not consistent to what you really need. STR 8 is fine except when your shooting against vehicles (the 3+ really sucks sometimes) , and the overheat can knock you down a level instead of letting you destroy your target outright. the turbolaser is 2d3 of STR 16 awesomeness where you wounds darn near everything on 2's and can put out the damage where you need it when you need it.  

the flamestorm gets around the randomness by letting you go straight into wounding, and even though you got only 18" range you can still retreat and shoot stuff as you want.ig you wanna stay far away the vulcan has just a flat 20 shots at -3 ap that help kill small targets from a distance as well as give you something to help chip away at targets.