Cyclops Demolition Vehicles adn Scions

Working on my 390th Sand Devils (Zetic Tygers Division). Batch painted them all in two days (and about crinked the neck and burned out the eyeballs looking through the magnifier lenses). The Cyclops will be part of a Elysian Deep-strike Spearhead detachment to getting into the enemy's lines in short order.

Primer stage

Cyc0.jpg

I went a little too orange on these for the rust undercoat (especially with the mauve final colors). Sprayed them with sealant before adding Chipping medium.

Cyc1.jpg

After the blue-grey overcoat and using a architect stencil for the triangle.

Cyc2.jpg

After using water to activate the chipping solution, I found he orange pops a bit too much so went with brown oil paint wash, and applied some directly to the rusty areas to add some variance to the rust

Cyc3.jpg

Steady hand later that day to apply numbers with a thin brush. I still have tracks to do but got a few done; was thinking just leaving them rusty, but the metal really pops on those I did so will do them all then maybe some weathering powders

Cyc4.jpg

Those were easy but the batch painting on the scions took much longer, going with red undercoat then silver trim, then Black armor and grey highlights. I have yet to do the bases and plasma effects...it was a busy two days LOL

Sand%2BDevils0.jpg

Sand%2BDevils1.jpg

Sand%2BDevils2.jpg