My new toys

rayvn26

Thanks all. I wasn't sure how to do the Lieutenants so I just did gold helmets with a black stripe *shrug* seems to work. I'm working on the intercessors now then should be double checking everything relining all the panels and whatnot, seems they got a little washed out by the varnish or something. 

• 1 month later...

A little update, no pics yet, but I have been deepening the shadows on them all with an almost black ink targeted just in the lines and plate edges. I've never really highlighted red before so I'm kinda stuck on what to use for that, maybe a very thin orange? I don't want the highlights to be too drastic and take over the model I'd rather them be more subtle. The base color is pure red then shaded down so I can't really use red as a highlight. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Rayvn 

I'm loving the black bands on the Inceptor sergeant's jump pack, slightly wishing I'd done that on mine now!

As for your highlight question - Evil Suns Scarlet is the next colour up from Mephiston Red, after that you're right, orange is the way to go (but very very sparingly), something like Wild Rider Red or Fire Dragon Bright.

Edited by Kolyarut

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've been working them, enriching the red and making them shadows stand out more, I've added some highlights, not sure if you can see them in the pics but they are there. So here's where I am at now, let me know what you think and what more I should do to make them table top ready.

Captain and Ancient:
WU1yAnc.jpg

FMjgdzy.jpg

​Lieutenants: 

XDPxBly.jpg

TeXYcFq.jpg

Hellblasters:

ScHybra.jpg

hdQfQMX.jpg

SuhgoTf.jpg

Interceptors:

MH0cF0A.jpg

M1bD88B.jpg

Intercessor Black:

A8B67Y3.jpg

EkTSnqt.jpg

bYZCuVl.jpg

Intercessor Blue:

0iPeeSp.jpg

F0Shx4t.jpg

I still have decals to do yet and I may try some chipping effects. Thanks for looking. 

Very nice. Clean, precise work with an outstanding red.

Almost enough to get me started on all the new stuff I bought. But I’ve psyched myself into a corner of fear that I’ll build and paint only to find out that we can’t use them. They’ve done it to me enough times in the last three decades that I’m kind of gun shy.

Very very cool.

I think if you got some transfers on the shoulders and maybe a splash of white on the blue knees too (Squad/ company markings?) it would really make them pop.

Are the Inceptors eyes green? I would make them a touch stronger too! ...Though it could be the camera/ lighting!