Catathracti terminators?

Demoulius

Hey all,

Im looking to do a hobby challenge at my local GW soon and im contemplating Cataphracti terminators. I got into a conversation about them and a buddy of mine said that the Blood Angels have hardly any terminator suits left. Apparently the space hulk novel mentioned that the chapter has some 40 suits of armour, aside from 4 all are Indomitus pattern?

Now I wouldnt let some lore stop me :teehee: but is this even true? He has a disorder where he has trouble reading (dont know the english word, sorry) so I tend to take things he says about what he read with a grain of salt anyway :whistling:

And last question I guess, what load out for them? Their slow speed makes them undiserable for assaults but that good invul save DOES make them deserable for assaults... A mix of weapons would be the best bet I guess but I feel that then im missing a punch in close combat :down: anyone got any suggestions for load outs?

They are incredibly slow; I would give them stormbolters so they can double tap before they fail a charge after deep striking. I’m also a big fan of power fists, which seem reasonably priced.

That load out makes sense, only downside is at the moment you can't take Cataphracti Termies in a BA army.

They are incredibly slow; I would give them stormbolters so they can double tap before they fail a charge after deep striking. I’m also a big fan of power fists, which seem reasonably priced.

That load out makes sense, only downside is at the moment you can't take Cataphracti Termies in a BA army.

Wait a minute, you cant? :ermm:

For bonus fluff bunny points paint one up as ultramarine but put a blood angels shoulder/chapter marking on it. Old old story we found a suit and needed to put it to use / havent got round to returning it yet but every time it gets overpainted to our colours the marine wearing the suit dies messily so they keep it in blue.

Not a specific one I think, but there is general lore that painting over the chapter icon is bad luck for a suit of armour, hence why Deathwatch keep their chapter pad etc.

That's pretty much the opposite of what he described. He said to keep the armor color and switchout the chapter pad. ^^

For bonus fluff bunny points paint one up as ultramarine but put a blood angels shoulder/chapter marking on it. Old old story we found a suit and needed to put it to use / havent got round to returning it yet but every time it gets overpainted to our colours the marine wearing the suit dies messily so they keep it in blue.

That's old lore from the RT era. I have the story in an old WD somewhere. Will try to dig it out for you.

Thats actually quite a lovely story and a nice little humurous bit of lore ^_^ I love that in 40k marines have this superstition and things like the marine spirit are so poorly understood, yet theres also a bit of truth behind the stories because many weapons/armors and pieces of tech actually HAVE machine spirits in them which can be quite tempermental. The best example of that beeing the spirits in the Titans. Such as warhounds beeing incredibly predatory and agressive :wub:

Faith powers a lot of stuff in the 40k universe, in which we have a warp storm where emotions become reality.

Ork tech largely works because they have the overwhelming belief that it will.

Off topic and I can't remember EXACTLY how it goes but it turns out that's not actually the case.

It's one theory that an imperial scholar had that got popularized, based upon him underestimating the Orks and thinking the only explanation for their crappy tech is some kind of otherworldly force. It's hinted in much more recent fluff that the Orks know exactly what they are doing, it's just ramshackle because it can be.

And that is TERRIFYING.

In a similar boat, i have a tartaros squad paiting up in wolves colours (as I picked up BoP for that sweet mark III). I'll just be using as regular TDA for now.

Only reason i can see that Cataphracti/tartaros was in the index in the first place was so that you had rules for them if you'd bought the calth/BoP box game. It wouldnt actually surprise me that much if GW skipped over them in the new angels/wolves dex's....obvs id prefer them not to but i doubt its that high on their concerns.