MagnusFolly

stonedrose

Hi, I've posted a fair bit of Heresy stuff on here in past couple of years and warseer before it, unfortunately photobuckets new rules make a lot of my pics inaccessible. Just to draw your attention to the new blog for my club which is located in North East England. I'm going to republish stuff on here, but feel free to visit the blog and pass comment, there should be other contributors on there on the new couple of weeks.

Hello, this is a blog of my most recent Heresy army the Thousand Sons. I've done a few other armies which might show up from time to time and I've charted their progress on Warseer and BolterandChainsword.

I've been waitin to do the Thousand Sons for a long time now and made a start before Inferno came out recently, my army selection will stay as close to the background as I can. The army has been done in Prosperan Ruby, which has taken a bit of doing! I'll explain my methods as we go, please ask any questions in the comments.

So first post, tactical marines will be the bulk of the army and will be in landraider as suggested in inferno.

w3H1BqN.jpg

yCqmU8r.jpg

Edited by stonedrose

I've painted a lot of Thousand Sons now, I haven't posted many but believe it or not over eighty are done. The reason I haven't posted any is due to my decision to paint the bolter casings white. This has lead to a problem as the multiple clear layers of red have leeched into the white when the model is varnished.

I have been able to remedy this with subsequent coats of ulthuan grey and white but it means a redo of the casings essentially after the model is finished, a little frustrating to say the least.

I had a think about this and tried sealing the figures with varnish before painting the bolter casings, I tried his with both matt and gloss varnish with no success. It looks like the long way round is the only way, I will continue to post as the bolter casings are redone, for now here are a few more marines, I intend to have two squads of ten rotagun marines as the Thousand Sons seem to make best use of them and they look cool.

Ew8XjfZ.jpg

G3pNaTP.jpg

Edited by stonedrose